What to do when the theme for your Sunday Funday Blogging group is Cakes around the World, and temps are at record highs while air quality is at record lows? You make an Icebox cake from Mexico that is quick, easy, delicious, and requires absolutely no baking!!
- Carlota de Limón from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- From Mödling to the Monterey Peninsula: Topfen-Obers-Torte by Culinary Cam
- Kirsebærkage - Danish Cherry Cake from Food Lust People Love
- Kyiv Cake from A Messy Kitchen
- Madeira Cake from Sneha's Recipe
- Persian Love Cake from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Taiwanese Castella Cake from Karen's Kitchen Stories

Carlota de Limon
4 ingredients, 15 minutes of hands-on time, a couple of hours in the refrigerator, and voilà... a creamy, sweet-and-tangy dessert perfect for this hot weather!!
Ingredients
- 8-10 small limes
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12 oz) can condensed milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 package Maria Cookies
Instructions
- Juice enough limes to get 3/4 cup juice; additional lime will be used for garnish.
- Place the juice, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and vanilla into a blender and pulse just until blended and smooth.
- Pour a little of this mixture into the bottom of a 9" square baking pan. Add a layer of 9 cookies on top. Cover with 1/3 of the remaining milk mixture. Repeat 2 more times, ending with the milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, garnish with lime zest and lime slices.
Notes
Adapted from a recipe found at Mexican Made Meatless
Nutrition Facts
Calories
215Fat (grams)
7 gSat. Fat (grams)
4 gCarbs (grams)
35 gFiber (grams)
2 gNet carbs
33 gSugar (grams)
29 gProtein (grams)
7 gSodium (milligrams)
99 mgCholesterol (grams)
26 mg





I made this back in 2021 for a Sunday FunDay no-bake dessert event. Definitely a hit and perfect for summer. I'm sorry your guests couldn't come over because it looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWe will get them over another time. We have been enjoying this cake.
DeleteOh, I've been wanting to try this! Totally an ideal summer dessert! And I think I can get Maria biscuits at our World Market.
ReplyDeleteI found them at my local grocery store, Kelly. I had never heard of them but when I looked them up, I saw that they are very popular.
DeleteI agree, thank God for AC. Our electric bill is higher than a car payment but I don't care! I love an ice box cake and this one sound so delicious and unique. I'm sorry your dinner plans were cancelled but at least you have cake!
ReplyDelete