Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Magical Oreo Paratha #BreadBakers

This easy-to-make flatbread speckled with Oreo cookies is perfect for a snack or dessert.  I cheated and enjoyed mine for breakfast.

Oreo Paratha

The Bread Bakers are sharing Flatbread recipes today......

BreadBakers
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.  Kelly of Passion Kneaded is hosting this month and invited us all to explore the "diverse and delicious realm of flatbreads".

I am the host of a group called Alphabet Challenge.  Every other Wednesday, bloggers join me to share a recipe that starts with/or features an ingredient that starts with the given letter of the alphabet.
One of the members, Radha of Magical Ingredients, added a personal challenge to the group challenge and has been sharing Paratha recipes each time that include an ingredient with the featured letter.

I have so enjoyed reading her posts and her recipes.  When we reached the letter O, Radha shared a recipe for Oreo Paratha.  I immediately printed that recipe because I knew my family would love it. 

Oreo Paratha

When Kelly announced the theme of this month's Bread Bakers, I was excited to be able to recreate Radha's recipe and share it here with you.   I followed Radha's recipe but halved the ingredients to only make 4 servings.  I used butter instead of ghee.

Let's take a look at what flatbreads the others are sharing today.....


Oreo Paratha

My original plan was to serve these for dessert with a scoop of ice cream sprinkled with Oreo crumbs but they were getting eaten as fast as I could cook them so I gave up and we had them for breakfast instead.


Breads, Desserts, Snacks, Breakfast
Breads
Indian
Yield: 4 pieces
Author: Wendy Klik
Magical Oreo Paratha

Magical Oreo Paratha

This easy-to-make flatbread speckled with Oreo cookies is perfect for a snack or dessert. I cheated and enjoyed mine for breakfast.
Prep time: 15 MinCook time: 10 MinInactive time: 15 MinTotal time: 40 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 c. whole wheat flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 3 T. melted butter, divided
  • 10 Oreo cookies
  • 2 T. cream cheese

Instructions

  1. Place the flour and salt into a bowl. Add the water and 1/2 Tablespoon of the butter and knead until a soft dough is formed. I used my KitchenAid. Let rest for 15 minutes.
  2. Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Add the cream cheese and a 1/2 Tablespoon of the butter. Pulse until a paste is formed.
  3. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and press into a disc. Divide the oreo paste into 4 equal pieces and place onto each disc. Fold the dough over the paste to enclose it. Place onto a lightly floured surface, seam side down and roll into a round with a rolling pin.
  4. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Brush the bottom with some of the remaining melted butter and place a piece of Paratha into the hot pan. Cook until the paratha puffs and turns brown in spots, a minute or two, then flip and cook the other side. Repeat with all 4 pieces.

Notes

Recipe courtesy of Magical Ingredients.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

342.94

Fat (grams)

17.61 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

8.76 g

Carbs (grams)

43.3 g

Fiber (grams)

4.08 g

Net carbs

39.22 g

Sugar (grams)

12.61 g

Protein (grams)

6.06 g

Sodium (milligrams)

219.42 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

30.22 mg

8 comments:

  1. I love that your family were eating them as fast as you could cook them, Wendy. That is the sign of an excellent paratha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why wait for dessert when you can enjoy this for breakfast! I have been loving watching Radha's parathas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly has doubled the fun of the Alphabet Challenge.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a delicious paratha that is Wendy. Will try this for my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of Oreo cakes, cheesecakes and cupcakes but making paratha with Oreo is a great Idea. It must be delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.