Saturday, September 21, 2024

Home Sweet Home and the Weekly Menu

Amy and I returned home early afternoon on Thursday from our Hiking Adventure in Shenandoah National Park.  It was challenging, fun, and satisfying.  The REI guides were amazing.  The trip was planned perfectly.  The food was scrumptious at each place we ate.  The accommodations at our hotel and lodge were perfect.

Shenandoah National Park Collage
I got home, threw some laundry in, showered, dressed, and Frank and I headed out for dinner and a show.

couple

We had dinner at Brine's Seafood and Oyster Bar.  Our Marina had gotten Frank a gift card to this restaurant for his birthday.  It was very nice, the service was great and the food was wonderful.

Moulin Rouge

We then headed to the Detroit Opera House to enjoy Moulin Rouge.  What a fun show!  This was the first in the Broadway in Detroit series that Frank gave me for Christmas.  We have excellent seats and a whole season to enjoy.  

Yesterday was spent recuperating from the trip and the excitement of Thursday evening.  I took a nap in the afternoon so that I was ready to meet up with friends for a Low Country Boil at Youngblood Vineyards.

Low Country Boil

It was a great time and I am thrilled that I found this hidden gem less than an hour from home.

Thursday was also my Angel Face's birthday.  We celebrate this afternoon at her house with a Sushi and Ramen party.  There will be a bounce house and tons of fun.  It should be a great afternoon.  Tomorrow she is hanging out here for a while.  This makes me happy because I'm sure that she will be much too busy with her friends today to pay us any attention.

The upcoming week starts off just as crazy.  Monday we will meet our friends Steve and Sharon for Happy Hour at a local restaurant.  Tuesday evening we are going to dinner with the Fontaine's, old friends with whom we try to meet up a few times a year.  Then things start to quiet down a bit and we will probably close down the pool even though it breaks my heart.

So here is the plan for the Weekly Menu on those days we are dining at home.....

Saturday
Mel's Birthday Party

Sunday
Grilled Steaks
Baked Potatoes
Grilled Vegetables

Monday
Out for Dinner with Friends

Tuesday
Out for Dinner with Friends

Wednesday
Apple Avocado Salsa 
Chicken Tinga Tacos

Thursday
Korean Chicken Soup

Fish Friday
Cod in Tomato Sauce
Roasted New Potatoes



 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.