Sunday, September 22, 2024

Beef Tips with Gravy in the Slow Cooker #SundayFunday

Tender beef in a savory gravy cooked in the Slow Cooker is a delicious way to reward yourself after a busy day at work or running errands.  This is Comfort Food at it's finest.

Beef Tips with Gravy

The Sunday Funday Gang are sharing Slow Cooker recipes today....
Sunday Funday Logo

Stacy of Food Lust People Love is hosting this week and asked us to "Share your favorite appetizer, main course or dessert recipe made in a slow cooker or crockpot."

Let's see what everyone slow-cooked up for us today........
Beef Tips with Gravy

The weather cooled, for a quick moment, in Michigan while I was getting ready for my Hiking Adventure in Shenandoah National Park.   I put this dinner in the slow cooker and headed out the door. I went for a hike in a local park and then ran some errands while I was out and about.

Beef Tips in Gravy pin

When I got home, my house smelled amazing and I was starving.  I put some potatoes on to boil for mashing and made a seasonal saute of corn and zucchini as a side dish.  These beef tips are delicious over rice or noodles too.  Or if you are too hungry to wait for anything else to cook, it makes a wonderful hot beef sandwich when placed on a piece of bread.



Entrees, Beef, Stew, Gravy
Entrees, Beef
American
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy

Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy

Tender beef in a savory gravy cooked in the Slow Cooker is a delicious way to reward yourself after a busy day at work or running errands. This is Comfort Food at it's finest.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 8 HourTotal time: 8 H & 5 M

Ingredients

  • 1lb. beef stew meat
  • 1 T. flour
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1/2 T. tomato paste
  • 1/2 T. Italian Herb seasoning
  • 1 c. beef broth

Instructions

  1. Place the beef into the crock of a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the flour, salt, and pepper and stir to coat.
  2. Add the onion, tomato paste, Italian herbs, and broth. Stir to combine.
  3. Cook on low setting for 6-8 hrs.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

180.08

Fat (grams)

5.84 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

2.02 g

Carbs (grams)

3.9 g

Fiber (grams)

0.7 g

Net carbs

3.21 g

Sugar (grams)

1.01 g

Protein (grams)

26.41 g

Sodium (milligrams)

351.85 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

70.31 mg

6 comments:

  1. Coming home to a delicious meal when I've been out and about has got to be my favorite thing about slow cookers! I'd love a bowl of your beef tips and gravy, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just smell the aroma filling your house. There is so much beefy goodness there. I'm sure I'd be picking at it while making the potatoes and side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, this looks delicious! I can't wait to give this one a try. I love meals like this in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.