Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Pork Marsala #FallFlavorsWeek

Tender pork cutlets and mushrooms cooked in a Marsala Wine Sauce and served over fluffy egg noodles.  Pure comfort food.

Pork Marsala

Welcome to Day 2 of Fall Flavors Week.......

Fall Flavors logo

Thank you to Jolene of Jolene's Recipe Journal for hosting this fun event this year.  Now that Labor Day has come and gone, I have Fall on my mind.  Fall is my favorite season, the crisp air, the smell of falling leaves, the beauty of the colors.

Fall weather is perfect for hiking and I am busy preparing for mine and my daughter, Amy's, trip to Shenandoah National Park to enjoy day hikes on the AT.  We leave in only 10 Days!!

That means only 9 more days of enjoying home-cooked comfort food to prepare our bodies for the journey.  Good thing we have all of these recipes from which to choose.......



Pork Marsala plate

This dinner contained all of my Fall Favorites.  Caprese Salad, my Pop's Refrigerator Pickles, and Glazed Carrots were served along with this Pork Marsala.  

Pork Marsala pin

Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Pork Marsala over Egg Noodles

Pork Marsala over Egg Noodles

Tender pork cutlets and mushrooms cooked in a Marsala Wine Sauce and served over fluffy egg noodles. Pure comfort food.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 25 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. pork tenderloin cut into 1/2" thick medallions
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 t. Italian Herb Seasoning
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
  • 12 oz. sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 c. dry Marsala wine
  • 1/2 c. chicken broth
  • 1 lb. Egg Noodles, cooked per package directions

Instructions

  1. Place the flour, salt, pepper, and Italian Herbs into a plastic bag. Add the pork medallions and shake to coat. Remove to a plate and set aside.
  2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over med-high. Sear the pork medallions until golden brown on each side. Remove back to the plate.
  3. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened and fragrant.
  4. Add the Marsala wine and cook, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until reduced by half. Add the chicken broth and return the pork to the pan.
  5. Cover and simmer until sauce is thickened and pork has reached an internal temperature of 145*.
  6. Serve over Egg Noodles (Also delicious with Mashed Potatoes).

Nutrition Facts

Calories

595.96

Fat (grams)

25.41 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

10.15 g

Carbs (grams)

50.91 g

Fiber (grams)

3.19 g

Net carbs

47.71 g

Sugar (grams)

6.75 g

Protein (grams)

33.56 g

Sodium (milligrams)

324.11 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

137.69 mg

14 comments:

  1. This looks like the perfect fuel for your hikes! It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork over noodles with a mushroom sauce sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the perfect fall plate! I've never had marsala with pork, I know my guys will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sauce wonderful and this is a comforting plate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pork marsala is a favorite here. It's so easy to make and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I make chicken Marsala all the time but this was my first with pork. It will be a regular from now on.

      Delete
  6. Now this is my idea of fall comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Wendy, I hope y'all enjoy your trip and the fall hikes! This pork marsala looks like perfect comfort food for a chilly evening!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.