Monday, August 5, 2024

Mediterranean Pasta #FarmersMarketWeek

Pasta tossed with garden fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, pine nuts, and feta cheese.  A quick, delicious, warm meatless main meal in less than half an hour. 

Pasta with pinenunt, tomatoes and feta

The leftovers were just as delicious cold the following day when served as a side dish to our grilled burgers.
Today is the first day of Farmer's Market Week hosted by Jolene of Jolene's Recipe Journal.  We will be sharing recipes featuring the bounty available from Farmer's Markets, Fruit and Vegetable Stands, and ours and our neighbor's Gardens.  This is what was brought to the table today......


Mediterranean Pasta

Tomatoes are in peak season right now and my basil plants are going crazy.  This pasta was a great way to use up some of that bounty filling up my countertop.  

We will be back on Wednesday and Friday with more Farm Fresh Ideas....hope to see you then.



Entrees, Pasta, Salads, Meatless, Vegetarian
Entrees, Pasta
Mediterranean
Yield: 8 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Mediterranean Pasta

Mediterranean Pasta

Pasta tossed with garden fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, pine nuts, and feta cheese. A quick, delicious, warm meatless main meal in less than half an hour.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 20 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1/2 vidalia onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 c. pine nuts
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 1 lb pasta of choice, cooked per package directions
  • 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
  • 8-10 basil leaves, chopped

Instructions

  1. Put the pasta into a large pot of salted boiling water and cook per package directions.
  2. While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, garlic, and pine nuts. Cook until fragrant and onion is softened. Add in the tomatoes. Cook for a minute and then add the cooked, drained pasta, cheese, and basil.
  3. Stir to coat and transfer to a serving dish.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

230.43

Fat (grams)

12.22 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

3.26 g

Carbs (grams)

23.55 g

Fiber (grams)

2.29 g

Net carbs

21.27 g

Sugar (grams)

3.29 g

Protein (grams)

7.88 g

Sodium (milligrams)

243.63 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

16.69 mg

15 comments:

  1. I love dishes that are just as good cold the next day! Pasta salad or pasta hot side dish? It's both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmm...the perfect weeknight summer meal! I can't get enough feta lately. I've been waking up early to go to the Saturday farmer's market to buy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am out again now so I will be picking some up on my next visit too.

      Delete
  3. This is exactly how I like to eat in summer. Fast, delicious, packed full of color. Filling but not heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be perfect for our Meatless days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the feta and tomato flavors in this comforting pasta. Pass me a bowl of it please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have everything in here which is exciting since I’m in the mood for a dish like this

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to celebrate in season tomatoes! And that feta always a great pair with tomatoes and pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my kind of meal! Love the addition of pine nuts!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.