Friday, August 9, 2024

Thai Basil Chicken #FarmersMarketWeek

Tender white meat chicken pieces, colorful bell peppers, and sweet onions, tossed together in a savory sauce, garnished with fried basil leaves.

Thai Basil Chicken

Today is the final day of Farmer's Market Week.....

I hope you have enjoyed this week as much as I.  I love this time of year in Michigan when all of the local crops are being harvested.  I visit farmer's markets and I gladly accept bounty from my neighbor's gardens.  

I am always looking for new ways to prepare this wonderful selection of produce and fruits so these 3 days of recipes have been a God-send to me.  Let's see what everyone is sharing today.....


Thai Basil Chicken


I did not have a garden this year, but I have a planter full of herbs on my deck, and the basil is going crazy.  I fried some of those basil leaves and tossed them with chicken and bell pepper in a savory, Asian-flavored sauce.  Sooooo good!!


Entrees, Chicken, Stir Fry, Thai, Asian, Basil
Entrees, Chicken
Thai
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Thai Basil Chicken

Thai Basil Chicken

Tender white meat chicken pieces, colorful bell peppers, and sweet onions, tossed together in a savory sauce, garnished with fried basil leaves.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 25 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into bite-size pieces.
  • 1 small bunch basil
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I used red)
  • 1/2 sweet onion, diced
  • 2 T. oyster sauce
  • 1 T. honey
  • 2 T. soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • chili pepper flakes, to taste

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the oyster sauce, honey, soy sauce, and chili pepper flakes. Set aside.
  2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the basil leaves and fry for a minute or two. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
  3. Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic to the wok and cook until softened but not browned.
  4. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden. Add the sauce, reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked through.
  5. Stir in the fried basil and transfer to a serving dish.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe found at Healthy Fitness Meals

Nutrition Facts

Calories

211.96

Fat (grams)

6.62 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

1.14 g

Carbs (grams)

11.73 g

Fiber (grams)

1.23 g

Net carbs

10.52 g

Sugar (grams)

7.95 g

Protein (grams)

26.03 g

Sodium (milligrams)

885.45 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

72.58 mg

14 comments:

  1. I love the ease and flavors of stir-frying. This sounds wonderful with the veggies and sauce combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is now on my list of recipes to play around with on a busy weeknight. So simple...but it sounds SO DELICIOUS!!! I'll probably switch out the peppers for another veggie...but that's just because peppers and I aren't all that friendly. Maybe green beans or zucchini???

    ReplyDelete
  3. We eat so much chicken and I get so bored with it. This is a great way to shake things up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thai basil adds tons of flavor and aroma and this chicken sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good definitely making it when the kids come home

    ReplyDelete
  6. We eat more chicken than I care to admit and I always need more recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken is a staple here as well. I am always looking for ways to make it new and exciting.

      Delete
  7. Thai basil is so unique. It's like basil and mint got together and had a baby. This dish looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.