Sunday, October 15, 2023

It was a Dark and Stormy night #SundayFunday

It was a Dark n' Stormy night here on the farm.  All the family had taken their little goblins home after the last pool outing of the year, and Grammy and Grampy were ready to relax. 

Dark and stormy cocktail

When Grampy asked what he could get for me, I asked for this cousin of a Moscow Mule made with Dark Rum instead of Vodka.

I asked for this particular cocktail because Sue of Palatable Pastime invited us to join her in sharing a drink recipe allowing us to "name our own poison".  I decided to go with a cocktail because....well, cocktails......

Any drink recipe was fair game, though, so make sure you take a look at what the others are sharing if you prefer a mocktail, punch or other non-alcoholic treat.


Dark n Stormy pin

These are fun Halloween drinks.  You may also enjoy my recipes for other Spooky drinks like this Blood Orange Prosecco Cocktail, I Vant your Blood Martini, Sweet Poison, and Witches Brew.

If you are a fan of Moscow Mules you will love this Dark n' Stormy cocktail, perfect to enjoy after passing out treats to all the little beggars on All Hallow's Eve.  Cheers!!



Cocktails, Ginger Beer, Drinks, Rum, Lime
Cocktails
Island
Yield: 1 cocktail
Author: Wendy Klik
Dark n' Stormy

Dark n' Stormy

This cousin of a Moscow Mule is made with Dark Rum instead of Vodka for a Dark and Stormy treat.
Prep time: 2 MinTotal time: 2 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 oz. dark rum
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • Ginger Beer
  • ice

Instructions

  1. Fill a tall glass with ice.
  2. Add the dark rum and lime juice
  3. Top with Ginger Beer, stir and serve.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

135.06

Fat (grams)

0.01 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0 g

Carbs (grams)

1.35 g

Fiber (grams)

0.06 g

Net carbs

1.29 g

Sugar (grams)

0.34 g

Protein (grams)

0.06 g

Sodium (milligrams)

3.74 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

7 comments:

  1. Ooohhh…sounds YUMMY!! Looking forward to trying one next time I visit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name alone is fabulous for Halloween. Love your sign backdrop in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice you got to relax with this delicious looking cocktail. I'm a fan of rum so I would probably enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.