Monday, October 30, 2023

Spinach Souffle #HolidaySideDishes

Easy and Delicious this creamy, cheesy, side dish is the perfect side dish for whatever you are serving this holiday season.

Spinach Souffle

It's time to share Holiday Side Dishes......
Heather of Hezzi D's Books and Cooks invited us to join her in sharing some Holiday Side Dishes to help relieve some of the stress our readers may have over the upcoming Holiday Season.  Planning is the key to a relaxed and enjoyable holiday gathering.  

I also find that dishes that are easy to throw together or that can be made ahead of time but still appear elegant and beautiful, like this Spinach Souffle, make my life much easier and enable me to enjoy my company rather than being stuck in the kitchen.  

Let's take a look at what the others are serving up as Holiday Sides this year.......

Spinach Souffle Pin

I am seeing a lot of recipes that I can't wait to try on that list!!! Pomegranate Acorn Squash with Burrata, Corn Souffle, and Copycat Red Lobster Biscuits are at the top of my list.  What sounds the best to you?

This recipe that I'm sharing with you today was adapted from one by one of my blogging friends, Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake.  

We will be posting more Holiday Sides on Wednesday and Friday this week so make sure you stop back again for a peek.



Vegetables, Side Dishes, Holidays, Spinach, Eggs, Cheese
Vegetable Sides
American
Yield: 8 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Spinach Souffle

Spinach Souffle

Easy and Delicious this creamy, cheesy, side dish is the perfect side dish for whatever you are serving this holiday season.
Prep time: 20 MinCook time: 1 HourTotal time: 1 H & 20 M

Ingredients

  • 6 eggs
  • 2 T. butter, diced
  • 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 (24 oz) carton cottage cheese
  • 2 lbs. baby spinach leaves
  • 2 T. flour
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions

  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the baby spinach and cook just until wilted, less than a minute. Remove from the boiling water and immediately submerge into ice water.
  2. Drain spinach and squeeze dry with cheesecloth or paper towel.
  3. Whisk the eggs and cottage cheese together in a large bowl. Stir in the spinach, shredded cheese, butter, flour, salt and pepper.
  4. Turn into a casserole dish that has been treated with cooking spray and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 45-60 minutes, until puffed, golden brown, and set in the center.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake

Nutrition Facts

Calories

221.33

Fat (grams)

16.13 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

8.36 g

Carbs (grams)

6.48 g

Fiber (grams)

2.55 g

Net carbs

3.93 g

Sugar (grams)

0.69 g

Protein (grams)

14.24 g

Sodium (milligrams)

369.33 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

158.76 mg

14 comments:

  1. I'm all-in for any spinach recipe and this one looks perfect for the holidays. Simple ingredients that everyone in my family would love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This spinach soufflé is gorgeous! I might just have to make it for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a spinach souffle for the holidays....feels fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure perfection! I love that this is made with spinach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought 3 lbs of spinach from my CSA farmer so really excited to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and delicious twice on creamed spinach! So much cheese and delicious flavors in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious and a great one to try for this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.