Saturday, October 28, 2023

Carving Pumpkins and Eating Pumpkins with the Angel Face and Little Miss M

The Angel Face and Little Miss M brought their moms over yesterday to carve pumpkins and have lunch.  We had a great time and I thought I would share our day with you.

Family with Carved Pumpkins

While Grampy and the Mamas helped carve the pumpkins, I cleaned the "guts" they removed and made some pumpkin seeds in the air fryer.

Family carving Pumpkins

While they were carving the pumpkins I served lunch. These adorable Cheese Jack O' Lantern Quesadillas and Spider Web Guacamole were a big hit. For dessert, we enjoyed a Magically Easy Pumpkin Spice cake.  I will be sharing that recipe with you tomorrow.

Halloween Collage

The Angel Face gave her Jack O'Lantern Quesadilla some brows and a stem.  Little Miss M was content with her carrot sticks and watching her Mama scrape the seeds out of the pumpkin. 

It was a lot of fun. I'm glad that I got to spend some time with them because on Halloween Day we will be flying to Vegas to meet up with friends and cheer on our friend Mike as he competes in the World Aerobatics Championship.  

So, there is no Weekly Menu this week since we will be gone.  Today, we are going to a birthday gathering in the afternoon before Mass.  We are going out for dinner following Mass with our friends, Steve and Sharon.  

Tomorrow, we are having dinner with Frank's sister and our niece, Danielle, to celebrate her birthday.  I am serving up dishes that were scheduled for last week but got put aside because Frank wasn't feeling well.  

Danielle's Birthday Meal

Chicken Pastina Soup
Caesar Salad
Pappardelle with Pork Ragu
Sourdough Cloverleaf Rolls
Pear Bundt Cake

Monday, we will have leftovers since we leave early on Tuesday for the airport.  I hope you all have a Hauntingly Happy Halloween......




2 comments:

  1. I remember carving pumpkins with my kids when they were little. So much fun !

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.