Tomato halves seasoned simply with salt and pepper and roasted until flavorful then topped with fresh Mozzarella and basil leaves before being drizzled with olive oil. A perfect addition to your Brunch or BBQ.
Wednesday #BrunchWeek Recipes
- Pink Pineapple Vodka Cocktail from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Tipsy Iced Coffee from Jolene's Recipe Journal
Appetizers and Salads
- Labneh Launji Crostini from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Tomato Caprese from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Melon Pineapple Fruit Salad from That Recipe
Breads, Grains, and Cereals
- Aebleskivers: Danish Pancake Balls from Art of Natural Living
- Easy GF Banana Bread from Frugal & Fit
- Peaches and Cream Pancakes from Palatable Pastime
- Pecan Baked Oatmeal from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Tart Cherry Crumb Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Unfortunately tomato season is very short here in Michigan and the tomatoes that are shipped in are often mealy and flavorless. I have tried using cherry or grape tomatoes and tossing the ingredients into a salad but it's just not the same.
So what's a Caprese lover to do? I decided to try roasting the tomatoes to bring out some of the natural, sweet goodness that is hidden inside. Is it as wonderful as using a fresh, garden ripe tomato? Of course not. Will it work in a pinch when you are jonesin' for Caprese? Absolutely!!!