These little baby babkas are like individual chocolate cinnamon rolls. So good. You can add a cream cheese icing for an even closer resemblence to cinnamon rolls but I enjoyed them just as they were.
It's time for Bread Bakers.......
right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month our host is Kelly of Passion Kneaded. Kelly asked us to share Babka recipes. Let's see what everyone baked up..........
- Baby Babkas from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate and Pistachio Babka from Passion Kneaded
- Chutney and Paneer Babka from Magical Ingredients
- Cinnamon Blueberry Babka from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Nutella Babka Buns from Sneha's Recipe
- Peanut Butter Babka Buns from Food Lust People Love
- Pecan Pie Babka from A Messy Kitchen
- Savoury Babka with Sun-dried Tomato, Feta, and Coriander Chutney from Cook with Renu
This recipe starts with an orange kissed, buttery, yeast dough that is then spread with a chocolate filling flavored with cinnamon.
Roll it up, cut it into 12 individual portions and place each into a muffin cup for a second rise. After the second rise sprinkle with streusel and bake.
This recipe is not difficult but it does have a lot of steps and does take some time. I think the end result is worth the effort and I hope you do too.