Delicious mixture of beef, pork, leeks, and cabbage flavored with garlic and rosemary before being made into tender ravioli and tossed in a butter sage sauce.
Langhe is located in Piemonte, Italy, where the Scavino family owns 30 hectares that they farm with focus on care of the vines rather than oenology, using minimal intervention working primarily with the local grapes, Dolcetto, Barbera and Nebbiolo.
Cindy of Grape Experiences invited us to join her in exploring the wines of this area. Here are the articles we wrote about hour discoveries.......
- Wendy Klik highlights “Beef and Pork Ravioli, A Book Review and a Nebbiolo from Langhe” on A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Camilla Mann pairs “Spicy Mussels Chorizo + 2017 Villadoria Bricco Magno Langhe Nebbiolo” at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Nicole Ruiz Hudson takes “A Deep Dive into Nebbiolo at the Culinary Cabin" on Somm's Table
- Linda Whipple entices with “Of Nebbiolo, Salami and a Langhe Farmer's Dream" at My Full Wine Glass
- Cindy Rynning entices us to “Explore a New-to-You Wine - Nas-Cëtta from the Langhe in Piemonte” at Grape Experiences
- Gwendolyn Alley introduces us to the "Queens of Langhe: Mother Daughter Duo Anna and Valentina Abbona of Marchesi di Barolo" on Wine Predator.
- Jen Martin gives us a glimpse with an "Overview of the Langhe Wines" at Vino Travels
I am also sharing this post over at Foodies Read, my 6th entry this month. It's amazing how many books I listen to as I walk. You are welcome to stop by and see what's being read by the group this month......