Monday, February 1, 2021

Cornflake Cookies from All The Good Cookies #HelpingCookies

Cornflake Cereal and Sweetened Coconut combine to make these addictive cookies that are teenager approved by The Teen and 3 of her friends.

Cornflake Cookies and Cookbook

I am being a Good Cookie today and sharing this recipe so that you, too, can be Good Cookie.......

 
Good Cookie logo

I’m so excited to join Julie of The Little Kitchen  participating in this Valentine’s event. This is the fifth year for our event and we want to continue to make a difference in the fight against pediatric cancer. 

Cancer is the #1 cause of death of children by disease in the U.S. There are 40,000 U.S. children actively battling cancer right now. The National Cancer Institute’s budget for childhood cancer is less than 4%. It’s such a small number and that’s why I got involved. And with the ongoing pandemic, children are still being diagnosed with cancer. It’s imperative that we raise awareness and continue to raise funds to fund the ongoing pediatric cancer research! Help us make a difference by donating to Cookies for Kids' Cancer

cookbooks

Our goal is to raise at least $3000. Because these three companies: OXO, Mediavine amd Dixie Crystals have each pledged to match our donations raised through this campaign up to $3000! That means when we raise $1, it turns into $4! 

Cornflake Cookies

Thank you to so many of you who have already donated, please help us reach our goal so we can get the full matching donations and help us make an even huge difference! Donate here today. 

When I got the email from Julie about inviting me to join this event, I signed up immediately.  How could I not when the cause is so important and the need so great?  I donated as generously as I was able and was happy to do so.  Guys.....these sponsors are amazing....I think I got back more in products than I donated AND they matched me dollar for dollar on my donation.  

I got two cookie cookbooks, including the one from which I am sharing the recipe I made for today.  Included in that package was a t-shirt, ornament, magnet and apron.  I also received a huge package from OXO that included the baking sheet and silicone mat pictured above.  Dixie Crystals sent me a case of sugar.....I will be able to make every cookie in the books without running out of sugar!!

Then I got a dozen of the most delicious Almond Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies for my donation.  I could have chosen to send these cookies anywhere to anyone as a gift but I selfishly kept them for myself and I an sooooooo glad that I did.

Cornflake Cookies


Julie asked us to share a Valentine Themed treat with you today.  It didn't have to be cookies but since I got those two new cookie cookbooks I couldn't help but peruse them.  When I came across the recipe for these cookies I was decided.  Not only did they sound delicious but I had all the ingredients on hand.

I knew that in this house full of Cookie Monsters they wouldn't last long.  What I didn't know was that the Teen had invited friends over.  When they walked in the house she said "wait until you try these cookies" and grabbed the platter on the way to her room.  I had to go in there and retrieve the few cookies I used in my photo.  

Let's take a look at what the other Helping Cookies made to share for this event........



Cornflake Cookies pin

If you find it in your heart and budget to donate to this important cause please go to the link above and be as generous as you are able.  Any little bit helps.  Today's world is tough enough on kids without the cancer monster rearing it's ugly head.  Donations are being accepted until March 1st.  

So here's to the demise of the Cancer Monster and to welcoming the Cookie Monsters.  I can't wait to try some more of the recipes found in these cookbooks.  The recipes are interspersed with the stories of the kids, their families and this wonderful organization.  


 

Desserts, Cookies, Cornflakes, Coconut
Desserts, Cookies
American
Yield: 36 cookies
Author: Wendy Klik
Corn Flake Cookies

Corn Flake Cookies

Cornflake Cereal and Sweetened Coconut combine to make these addictive cookies that are teenager approved by The Teen and 3 of her friends.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 20 Min

Ingredients

  • 3 c. cornflakes, crushed
  • 1 c. flour, (I used white whole wheat)
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. sweetened flaked coconut
  • pinch of salt
  • 10 T. butter, melted
  • 2 T. white corn syrup
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 egg, beaten

Instructions

  1. Combine the cornflakes, flour, sugar, salt and coconut in a large bowl. Set aside,
  2. Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat.  Stir in the corn syrup and bring to a boil.  Add the baking soda and stir rapidly to blend until foaming subsides.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
  3. Pour the butter mixture over the cornflake mixture and stir to combine.  Add the egg and stir until incorporated.  The mixture will be moist and sticky.
  4. Using a small cookie scoop place onto a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper or a silicone mat.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 7-9 minutes until the cookies begin to brown at the edges.  Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.  

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe found in All the Good Cookies

Calories

79.31

Fat (grams)

3.54

Sat. Fat (grams)

2.23

Carbs (grams)

11.46

Fiber (grams)

0.23

Net carbs

11.23

Sugar (grams)

6.98

Protein (grams)

0.76

Sodium (milligrams)

85.55

Cholesterol (grams)

13.65

6 comments:

  1. These look SO good, Wendy. I don't often have cornflakes in the house, but I might just have to get some to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good and easy. I had a box of corn flakes that was left from another recipe that I made so I was happy to find a use for them.

      Delete
  2. What a great event. I used to participate in events like this (getting free stuff), usually that Cam coordinated. Haven't done one in a while but this is a very worthy cause to say the least. Love the cookies. Had extra cornflakes from another cookie recipe (that wasn't as successful). Not sure after a few breakfasts that I have enough for these. Be safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do you might want to give these a try...or make half a recipe.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.