Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Chicken Spaghetti #FoodieExtravaganza

This easy peasy casserole that starts with leftover chicken, or in this case turkey, is sure to please with ingredients commonly found in American pantries.  

Chicken Spaghetti

The Foodie Extravaganza Gang is celebrating National Canned Foods Month......

Foodie Extravaganza Logo

Our Foodie Extravaganza group is a fun party held by foodie bloggers that celebrate a National Food Holiday each month.

I am hosting this month and since February is National Canned Goods Month I invited the others to join me in sharing Recipes That Start With A Can.  The only requirement was that each recipe shared contain one or more canned good.

Let's see what my friends have brought to the party today.........
Chicken Spaghetti

I have mentioned before that, having been born in the 50's, I grew up on convenience foods.  My mom used canned soup in nearly every dish.  The recipe I'm sharing today is one my mother would have loved for the ease of convenience and the use of leftovers.  It is one that my Teen loved for the taste....she was one happy camper when she took a bite of this dinner.

It starts not with one can but with three.  Whisk together a can of Cream of Mushrrom Soup, a can of Chicken Broth and a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes.

Chicken Spaghetti

Boil up a box of spaghetti and place it in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan that has been treated with cooking spray.  Chop up your leftover chicken and place it on top of the spaghetti.  Pour your soup mixture over the top and then cut up your velveeta and sprinkle it over all.

Chicken Spaghetti

Place it in the oven until it looks like this.  It takes about half an hour.  Take it out of the oven and, using tongs, mix it all together.  Place it on the table and watch your teenager break out into a huge grin.

Chicken Spaghetti pin

I know that many of us don't like to rely to heavily on processed foods with concerns about high sodium content and preservatives used.  But, every once in a while, you feel like a meal that gives you the nostalgic comfort of your childhood, knowing that your children will love it just as much as you did.  And honestly, it's got to be better than the fast food that we allow them to talk us into.

I don't know where this recipe came from originally but I'm assuming that it was on the back of the box or can of one of the ingredients used.  



Casseroles, Leftovers, Chicken, Turkey, Pasta, Cheese
Casseroles, Chicken, Pasta
American
Yield: 8 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Chicken Spaghetti

Chicken Spaghetti

This easy peasy casserole that starts with leftover chicken, or in this case turkey, is sure to please with ingredients commonly found in American pantries.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 30 MinTotal time: 40 Min

Ingredients

  • 3-4 c. chopped leftover chicken or turkey
  • 1 (10 oz) can Cream of Mushroom soup
  • 1 (15 oz) can chicken broth
  • 1 (14 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
  • 1 lb. velveeta cheese, cubed
  • 12 oz. spaghetti, cooked per package directions

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the soup, chicken broth and Ro-Tel tomatoes.
  2. Place the cooked spaghetti into the bottom of a 13x9" baking dish that has been treated with cooking spray.
  3. Scatter the chicken over the spaghetti.  Pour the soup mixture over all.  Scatter the Velveeta over the top and place in a preheated 350* oven for about 30 minutes, until heated through and the cheese is melted.
  4. Remove from oven and toss to combine before serving.

Calories

427.18

Fat (grams)

23.62

Sat. Fat (grams)

11.05

Carbs (grams)

21.78

Fiber (grams)

1.00

Net carbs

20.78

Sugar (grams)

5.74

Protein (grams)

30.54

Sodium (milligrams)

1288.18

Cholesterol (grams)

116.95

16 comments:

  1. This looks yummy...although, I'd have to swap in some real cheese for sure! I am a true Velveeta HATER! Can't do it! Everything else though, I'm all in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I rarely use velveeta but every once in a while I get bitten by the bug that wants to go back to my childhood.

      Delete
  2. This is comfort food for sure, Wendy! My grandmother made a similar dish and used American cheese. A childhood favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandmother and my Mom were probably of the same generation Stacy.

      Delete
  3. This sounds very much like the tuna noodle casserole I grew up with and still make. Sometimes those "cream of" soups make sense, plus I always have a can or Ro-Tel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, those lessons passed down from our mom's are hard habits to break and you ask yourself...why? Sometimes you don't want to change something that is successful.

      Delete
  4. Everything is good with Velveeta !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved this when I was a teen. My mom would make the Johnny Marzetti type of cheesy mac. Having a chicken option would have ensured she made it even more. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy meal you pulled together! Delicious! Yes, all these definitely brings memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious and comforting meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love easy creamy chicken spaghetti - velveeta makes everything so incredibly smooth... Total comfort food!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.