Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Copy-Cat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread #BreadBakers #Choctoberfest

I haven't been to a Cheesecake Factory in years.  I think the last time may have been when we took an impromptu trip to Chicago probably 8 years ago now.  Frank loves going to the Cheesecake Factory.  I think it's a fun place to visit but I am overwhelmed by the menu that is pages upon pages upon pages.  Too many choices gives me anxiety. That's why I'm happy that they place a loaf of this bread on the table to soothe you while you peruse that booklet.

Copy-Cat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread

Welcome to Bread Bakers which is colliding with Choctoberfest for me this month.......

BreadBakers
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient and this month I am hosting.  When the weather turns colder and I start craving soups and stews I want a hearty bread to go along with it, so I asked the other bread bakers to join me in making brown breads this month.  Here is what they are sharing:


  • Anadama Bread from Passion Kneaded 
  • Boston Brown Bread from Pastry Chef Online
  • Brown Sandwich Bread from Anybody Can Bake 
  • Copy-Cat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
  • Copy-Cat Outback Steakhouse Bread from Making Miracles
  • Golden Braid of Bern from What Smells So Good 
  • Irish Brown Bread from Palatable Pastime 
  • Molasses Rye Slider Buns from Culinary Adventures with Camilla 
  • No Knead Sprouted Wheat and Flax Seed Sandwich Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories 
  • Sourdough Molasses and Honey Brown Bread from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
  • Traditional Steamed Brown Bread from A Messy Kitchen 
  •  Whole Wheat Rolls from Magical Ingredients
  • Whole Wheat Sourdough Sandwich Bread from Ambrosia
  • Wholemeal Soda Bread from Food Lust People Love
  •  

    Choctoberfest logo

     When I found this recipe I was excited to see that it contains cocoa.  Why would this excite me?  Because we are also celebrating Choctoberfest this week.  I asked one of our administrators, Allison of Triple Chocolate Kitchen, if I could combine events and she said "certainly".  I did a little happy dance.

    Here are the other Chocolate Recipes being shared today.......

    You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

    Click here to enter

    I am also excited because I am able to invite you to enter a great giveaway.  The Choctoberfest Bloggers got together and chipped in for the prize.....

    Choctoberfest Giveaway Graphic

    You can enter to win and see a list of all the participants over at my Welcome Post.  I hope one of my readers is the lucky winner.

    Copy-Cat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread

    The recipe I'm sharing makes enough for 6 mini loaves.  I made 3 mini loaves to serve with Bourride, a fish stew that I will be sharing with you on Friday.  The rest of the dough went into the refrigerator and was turned into dinner rolls when I served up the Beef Stew I shared with you yesterday.

    Copy-Cat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread pin

    This bread was every bit as good as the loaves you get at the restaurant and I was rewarded with a sigh of contentment from Frank as he bit into it.  The loaves at the restaurant are topped with a scattering of oatmeal.  I deleted that part but feel free to dampen your dough and sprinkle some on before baking.





    Bread, Copy-cat, Brown Bread
    Bread
    American
    Yield: 6 mini loaves
    Author: Wendy Klik
    Print
    Copy-Cat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread

    Copy-Cat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread

    This bread flavored with molasses, coffee and cocoa is a great addition to any dinner you are serving up.
    Prep time: 30 MinCook time: 30 Mininactive time: 3 HourTotal time: 4 Hour

    Ingredients

    • 1 1/2 c. warm water (105-110*)
    • 1 T. sugar
    • 1 packet instant dry yeast
    • 2 c. bread flour
    • 1 3/4 c. white whole wheat flour
    • 1 T. cocoa powder
    • 2 t. instant coffee granules
    • 1 t. salt
    • 2 T. butter, room temperature
    • 1/4 c. honey
    • 2 T. molasses

    Instructions

    1. Combine the water, sugar and yeast.   Set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
    2. Place both flours, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and salt into the large bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment.  Mix on low speed to combine.
    3. Add the yeast mixture, butter, honey and molasses.  Turn the mixer on low until thick and tacky.
    4. Switch to the dough hook, turn speed to medium and knead for 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed, a Tablespoon at a time,  so dough does not stick to bottom of the bottom of the bowl but is still slightly tacky.
    5. Remove dough from bowl and form into a ball.  Spray the bowl with cooking spray, return the dough, cover with a warm damp towel and let rise until double in size, 1-2 hrs.
    6. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and form into miniature baguettes.  Place onto a baking sheet, cover lightly with plastic wrap that has been treated with cooking spray and let rise for another hour.
    7. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about half an hour or until an internal temperature of 190* is reached.  Bread will be squishy and soft to the touch.  
    8. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.

    Notes:

    Adapted from a recipe found at Kitchen Trials.

    Calories

    396.47

    Fat (grams)

    5.66

    Sat. Fat (grams)

    2.71

    Carbs (grams)

    78.22

    Fiber (grams)

    5.36

    Net carbs

    72.86

    Sugar (grams)

    18.91

    Protein (grams)

    10.87

    Sodium (milligrams)

    425.78

    Cholesterol (grams)

    10.18
    Created using The Recipes Generator

    13 comments:

    1. Your bread sounds delicious. I haven't been to a Cheesecake Factory in eons either. The cocoa in the loaves reminds me of how it is used to color the brown part of marbled rye. Such a surprise when I found that out!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, I was surprised by the addition of cocoa too. I didn't realize it was used in marble rye.

        Delete
    2. That is delicious brown bread. I love cheesecake factory bread. Need to try your version.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Awesome bread. Chocolate, coffee, and bread is always music to the ears and tummy. I am going to try your version this week.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I found the cocoa powder in the bread such an interesting addition - it added a very unique depth of flavor without the sweetness molasses adds. Your bread looks like the perfect accompaniment for some hearty soups and stews!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I agree on the too many options! Love that you got a sigh of contentment on your bread!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sweet breads like this are the best with soup!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They sure are, this bread isn't really sweet though, more savory.

        Delete
    7. Your bread has such a lovely combination of taste and flavours. Loved to read about the cheesecake factory. I would love to bake this in my kitchen and dunk it is some hearty soup. Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete

    I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.