We are celebrating Volcanic Wines this month with our Italian Food Wine Travel group. I took a virtual trip and learned that the wines available were numerous. This invitation was extended by Jennifer of Vino Travels. You can learn more at Jennifer's Preview Post.
I found a bottle of Salvatore Molettieri Taurasi Vigna Cinque Querce 2007 at Wine.com. I paid $46 for this wine which is more than I would normally spend on a bottle for a weeknight meal but it got great reviews and I couldn't resist.
Before I talk to you about this wine and the pairings I did, let's see what wines the others found and what they thought......
- Camilla at the Culinary Adventures with Camilla features A Single-Varietal Carricante, an Etna Exclusive, & Lapsang Souchong-Braised Duck Legs.
- Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm declares Grapes Grown in Volcanic Soil Produce a HOT Wine!!!
- Gwendolyn of Wine Predator has you Meet Mt Etna’s Volcanic Wines: Sicily’s Tenuta Monte Gorna and Tenuta di Fessina with Pairings.
- Lynn at Savor the Harvest writes about Volcanic Wine in the Veneto.
- Terri at Our Good Life shares Ashes to Ashes: Volcanic Wine and Sicilian Lentil Soup.
- Robin at Crushed Grape Chronicles offers Mount Etna – The Awesome Power of Active Volcanos, and Yes, Red Wine with Fish.
- Linda at My Full Wine Glass discusses the wines of Benanti – Capturing the Soul of Mount Etna Wine.
- Susannah at Avvinare is Exploring the Colli Berici in the Veneto.
- Cindy at Grape Experiences shares Personality, Elegance, Value: Tenuta Tascante Ghiaia Nera 2017 from Etna DOC.
- Nicole at Somm's Table is Exploring Etna with Tenuta di Fessina
- Jen, our host, at Vino Travels posts Fried Eggplant Topped with Fresh Tomatoes and Ricotta Paired with I Custodi Etna Rosso.