I don't know about you but when we were getting our first frost I still had a shitload of green tomatoes in my garden. I brought them in, put them on my counter and then tried to figure out what I wanted to do with them.
I made some Fried Green Tomatoes but that still left me with a lot of tomatoes. I sat down and started perusing different recipes and came across one for Green Tomato Pasta Sauce on Food.com.
Green Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 12 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/4" slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 T. minced garlic
- 1-2 T. basil paste
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked per package directions
- parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Place the tomato slices on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment or a silicone mat. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 300* oven for half an hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with garlic and basil paste. Cover with foil and return to the oven for another half an hour.
- Pour all ingredients and any juices released into a food processor. Pulse two or three times to desired consistency.
- Pour over cooked pasta. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan Cheese,