Thursday, July 13, 2017

Peach and Strawberry Platter with a Balsamic Drizzle #ImprovCookingChallenge

I kind of feel like I'm cheating on this month's version of Improv Cooking Challenge because this isn't really a recipe that I'm sharing.


However, I felt it was too beautiful not to share.  This is a perfect addition to a summer buffet or a dessert table or just as dessert, itself.  I served it as part of a breakfast buffet for our son from Denmark and his family who are here for a visit.


May I introduce to you our Danish grandson, Jordan.  I am nicknaming him Joyful Jordan because he laughs continuously.  He is the happiest little guy and you can't help but laugh along with him.  He is also a strawberry monster.....which is good because berries were one of the ingredients this month.



The second required ingredient this month was Balsamic Vinegar.  I was given a gift basket of artisan oils and vinegars by my sister in law, Jackie.  It included this bottle of white balsamic flavored with peaches.  Peaches are at their peak right now so it was the perfect addition to the fruit platter.


That's it.  Arrange your peaches and strawberries on a platter and add a drizzle of the Balsamic Vinegar.  Not lucky enough to have a peach flavored version?  This will be just as delicious with any good balsamic, white or red.  


Peach and Strawberry Platter with Balsamic Drizzle

3 White Peaches
1 qt. Strawberries
Peach White Balsamic Vinegar, to taste

Wash the peaches and cut in half.  Remove the pit and cut each half into slices.  Wash the strawberries and place half of them in a layer on a platter.  Place half of the peach slices in a row next to the strawberries. Follow with a row of the remaining peaches and ending with a row of strawberries. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and serve at room temperature. Print Page

More Berries with Balsamic


2 comments:

  1. Yummy! That platter looks quite inviting, Wendy! I can almost taste those lovely peaches...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.