This theme was so perfect that I found myself in a dilemma of sorts. Did I want to go sweet or savory? Did I wish to use fruits or vegetables? How about a combination? Decisions, decisions, decisions.....
Then, one morning, I started cleaning out my refrigerator that was overflowing from my CSA. It was nearly time for the next week's bounty and I still hadn't used up or preserved this week's. I started pulling stuff out and figuring out how I would either use it in the next couple of days or preserve it for later in the year when I remembered that I had #BreadBakers coming up with this perfect theme....am I repeating myself??
In my pile were zucchini and jalapeno's. I love using these two ingredients together and I often pair them with corn as in this recipe or this recipe. A light bulb went off and I decided to pair them together with some cheese and fold them into corn muffins. Delicious!!
Zucchini, Jalapeno, Cheese Corn Muffins
1 1/2 c. coarse corn meal
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 t. kosher salt
1 T. baking powder
1 T. sugar
1 c. milk
1 c. shredded zucchini
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
1/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. shredded colby jack cheese
Place all ingredients into a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until thoroughly combined. Place batter into a muffin tin, that has been treated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Let batter rest in muffin cups while oven preheats to 375*.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the muffins removes cleanly. Print Recipe
Breads using Summer Bounty:
Breads using Summer Bounty:
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha's Recipe
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla - Onion Pizza from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker's House
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Focaccia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook's Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali's Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
This post contains affiliate links. Should you buy a product using this link, your price remains the same but I receive a small stipend to help offset the costs of this blog.