Life doesn't get much better than a creamy soup with chunks of shrimp paired with a French Blue Sauvignon Blanc from Bordeaux.
Perfect summertime living as Soup Swappers and Winophiles collide.....
Radha of Magical Ingredients is hosting our Monthly Soup Swap Group this month. Members take turns choosing a theme or ingredient and invite the others to join us on the 3rd Saturday of each month. We love having new members. If you are a blogger and would like to join us please just leave your blog url and email address in the comment section below and I will send you an invitation.
Radha asked us to share Summer Soups pointing out that soup is not for winter alone. Let's see what everyone served up........
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Shrimp Bisque
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories: Finnish Summer Soup
- Sneha’s Recipe: Keto Chilled Cucumber & Buttermilk Soup
- Magical Ingredients: Summer Garden Vegetable Soup
The 3rd Saturday of each month is also when my group, The French Winophiles, get together for Twitter Chat at 11 AM ET to discuss the wines and pairings we found based on a theme, area or varietal chosen by one of the members.
This month Deanna of Wineivore and Asian Test Kitchen is hosting and asked us to Explore Sauvignon Blanc from Loire and Beyond. She will be leading us in chat today and you are welcome to join in the fun and learn about this wonderful varietal by following #Winophiles. Here are the topics that we will be discussing........
- Camilla is making Vietnamese Summer Rolls with a Sauvignon Blanc from the Pays de la Loire at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Wendy is whipping up a Shrimp Bisque and a Sauvignon Blanc from Bordeaux at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Robin is pouring a Sauvignon Blanc from the small hamlet of Chavignol in Sancerre at Crushed Grape Chronicles
- Jane is Tasting Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc Paired with Smoked Salmon Crostini at Always Ravenous
- Jeff is preparing a Surprise! Sauvignon Blanc from Bourgogne at Food Wine Click!
- Gwendolyn is Comparing 2 French Sauvignon Blanc: Loire vs Bordeaux with Grilled Pesto Stuffed Chicken at Wine Predator
- Katrina is toasting to Let’s Give Some Love to French Sauvignon Blanc… From Bordeaux at Corkscrew Concierge
- Linda is writing about Holy Snails! A Summer Sauv Blanc worth sipping slowly at My Full Wine Glass
- Deanna is frying Sole Meuniere Paired with Sancerre at Wineivore
I knew that a nice crisp Sauvignon Blanc would be perfect with this decadent creamy soup. I found this bottle of French Blue at my local Kroger Grocery Store. I didn't know anything about it other than it was imported from Bordeaux.
Here are the facts I learned from the French Blue website . This wine is 100% Sauvignon Blanc with a 12% alcohol content. The grapes are grown in the Entre-Deux-Mers region of Bordeaux.
Here is what I learned from pouring and tasting the wine. It is very light, nearly clear in color. It is crisp and smooth. It is delicious, especially since it is very reasonably priced at only $12 per bottle.
I also learned that French Blue makes a Rose. I'm going to be on the lookour for that. As for the pairing? It was exquisite. This soup recipe that I found over at 40 Aprons is a definite keeper. It is the perfect summertime soup, coming together in less than an hour. It could be served as a main course with a salad and a crusty loaf of bread. I served it as the first course when I invited our neighbors for dinner one evening. Our friend, Mark, had two bowls and took a third home with him for lunch the next day.