Sometimes a casual dinner calls for a casual wine. When you enjoy having wine with dinner each night, you can't....well, at least, I can't......afford to open a pricey bottle every time. So we always keep an eye out for sales and bargains.
Our World Wine Travel Group is continuing to explore the wines of New South Wales this month.......
We started out last month with the Red Wines of New South Wales and I wasn't having any luck sourcing wines from this area in my home state of Michigan. When I mentioned this in the groups Facebook page, Robin, of Crushed Grape Chronicles and host of this month's White Wines of New South Wales, told me that the popular and easily found Yellow Tail wines were from New South Wales.
I went out and bought 2 bottles. I shared my thoughts on the Merlot last month and saved the Chardonnay to talk about this month.
Sometimes, $6 is all you need to spend on a bottle of wine. You are not going to get all the creamy, buttery goodness of a Chard from Napa Valley but you are going to get a nice, crisp, chilled glass of wine that you can enjoy during the week when you are sitting in your pajamas eating comfort food or laying around in the pool reading a book.
I wasn't the only one to have problems sourcing wines from this area. As it turns out, Robin, opened the event up to New South Wales and beyond. Otherwise we would all be meeting for chat tomorrow morning to talk about Yellow Tail LOL.
I'm anxious to hear about where the others found their wines and if they had to go beyond NSW to partake in this event. You are welcome to join us as well at 11 AM ET on 7/23/22. You will find us on Twitter Chat by following #WorldWineTravel.
Here are some of the topics that we will be discussing.......
- Jeff with Food Wine Click is sharing "Why Does WSET Love Hunter Valley Semillon?"
- Wendy with A Day in the Life on the Farm shares "Yellow Tail Wine Round 2 and the Weekly Menu"
- Terri of Our Good Life shares "Simply Summer's Best: BBQ Pork Steaks and Rock It Like a Redhead Sauvignon Blanc"
- Nicole at Somm's Table shares "Tyrrell's Hunter Valley Semillon and Seared Salmon Steaks"
- Gwendolyn Alley of Wine Predator shares "Burning Man 2022: Waking Dreams, Secretly Abandoned Spaces, Minstrel Cramp, and the Fox in the Henhouse"
- Deanna with Wineivore shares "Korean Bar Snacks with Biodynamic Somos Orange Verdehlo Wine"
- Cam of Culinary Adventures with Cam shares "A Sémillon from New South Wales + A Snack from Japan"
- Robin at Crushed Grape Chronicles, shares "Semillons from New South Wales Australia – comparing the young and the old"
I will be shring my recipe for the Instant Pot Chicken and Rice with you on Sunday. Tomorrow we are taking a ride into the tip of the thumb to meet with the people who auctioned off a week stay at their cottage on the lake. We won the stay and they have invited us to have lunch and see the place so that we have some idea what is available to us. I am bringing dessert and then we will probably have dinner out on the way home.
Tuesday our friends, Jim and Sharon, are coming to hang out in the pool and have dinner. Thursday we are heading downtown to Mexican Village to celebrate John's Birthday and then on Friday, I am leaving for a long weekend in Vegas with Roz, her friend, Judy, and my friend, Sue. It is going to be a blast.
So here is the Weekly Menu.....what's going on with you this week?
Sigliole al Marsala
Mock Turtle Soup
Pork Pho-using leftovers from Tuesday
Out for John's Birthday
Friday--I'm Outta here
Frank and Marissa on their own