Do you have a favorite Summertime wine? I discovered Rosé several years back and it quickly became my favorite summer sip. There is nothing nicer than a glass of chilled Rosé while sitting on the deck or lounging in the pool.
Especially when that Rosé is made by one of my favorite winemakers, our own Lori Budd of Dracaena Wines.
Linda of My Full Wine Glass is hosting our Wine Pairing Weekend event this month and asked us to join her by asking "Summertime and the living is easy, right? What wine do you choose for hanging out on the porch, patio or around the pool? Got some nibbles to pair with your summer sipper?"
You can learn more by reading Linda's Invitation Post.
I am sharing a little blurb that Dracaena includes on the back of their bottle telling a bit about this wine.
The wine pours a light salmon pink. It is crisp, bright and dry. Speaking of salmon, it pairs wonderfully with the smoked salmon sushi that I was inspired to make for lunch one day after reading Klara and the Sun.
Regular readers know that I adore Dracaena wines and eagerly joined their wine club after having the opportunity to meet Lori who gave us a very educational tour of her vines and winemaking facilities along with some wonderful tastings.
I have shared my thoughts on their Cab Franc with you before and that is their specialty but I also adore their Rosé, especially in the summer when the Cab Franc can be a little heavy in the heat. The Rosé is a blend of Grenache and Tempranillo that is gently made using stainless vats. They also make a very nice Chenin Blanc that I took with me to Music in the Park and enjoyed with my friends and neighbors. It opens with a screw cap instead of a cork making it perfect for summertime gatherings.
Linda will be leading us all in discussion about our favorite summertime wines and what we like to serve with them on Saturday, July 9th at 11 AM ET. You will find us on Twitter Chat following #WinePW. Here are the topics that we will be sharing with you and with each other. Hope to see you there.
- Camilla’s posting “A Casual Feast and Canned Wines: Bo Ssäm + Two Shepherds’ 2021 Maxzilla Piquette” at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Wendy is “Sipping Rosé and Enjoying Summertime” at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Terri’s got “Summer Time Canned Sparkling Prosecco and Pepperdew Bites” at Our Good Life
- Gwendolyn’s going with “Orange Wines for Summer Times from Austria, Mexico, Oregon, Paso Robles” at Wine Predator
- Jane offers “Summertime Nibbles with Prosecco” at Always Ravenous
- Andrea is “Sipping Pretty this Summer with Emir and Trail Mix” at The Quirky Cork
- Jeff says “Add Some Pop! to Your Summer of Rosé” at Food Wine Click!
- Kat insists “Schiava is the Perfect Summer Red Wine for Grilling” at The Corkscrew Concierge
- Nicole has “Summer Memories of Sunshiny Sippers” at The. Somm’s Table
- Linda serves up “Washington Pinot Gris for chilling on a lazy summer afternoon” at My Full Wine Glass