Assorted fresh mushrooms, boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and long grain rice cooked in your instant pot to a creamy deliciousness sure to please the whole family.
The Sunday Funday Bloggers are focusing on Rice Recipes today......
Sneha of Sneha's Recipe is hosting this week and invited us all to share a recipe starring rice. That's a pretty wide open topic and there are so many amazing possibilities. Let's see what everyone came up with.........
- Crawfish Fried Rice from Food Lust People Love
- Insalata da Riso from Italian Rice Salad from Pandemonium Noshery
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Palak Rice from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Pork Stir Fry Skillet from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Quick Shrimp Fried Rice with Peas and Carrots from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spanish Rice from Palatable Pastime
- Split Green Moong Khichdi /Chilkewali Moong Dal Khichdi from Sneha’s Recipe
I wasn't sure what I wanted to make. We eat a lot of rice in this household and I have shared a lot of recipes. Rice Pudding is always a hit and I thought about doing a variation on that. I also often serve up pilafs as a side dish, like this one with Autumn Flavors, this one with Blueberries or this one with Dried Cranberries.
Of course, it is summertime, so perhaps a salad like this Asian with a Matcha Dressing or Rice Mingle which is a family favorite.
Then I went to the Farmer's Market and bought this wonderful assortment of mushrooms. I had taken chicken thighs out for dinner that night, thinking that I would grill them. However, some storms rolled in and grilling was out. I considered those mushrooms and that chicken and it made me think of a casserole that my mom would make using cream of mushroom soup, chicken and rice.
It was hot and steamy with the storm so I didn't want to turn on the oven. Instant pot to the rescue. This recipe will make a lot of food. We ate it for dinner one night, the teen took if for lunch 2 days and we had it for lunch one day. The rest was packaged and placed into the freezer to come out one day to enjoy for another dinner.
The rice turns out creamy and delicious. The only dirty pan is the insert for your instant pot making it the perfect one pot meal, needing only to add a side salad should you wish.