It may not look like Fall in this photo but there you are....Fair Haven, Michigan on September 22, 2016. This will be the last fall in this house. On Saturday we will be making the transition to our new home. It is only 8 miles east of our current home so weather conditions should remain the same....of course, this is Michigan, so you never know.
I absolutely love Fall....the crisp air, the leaves crunching under foot, the beautiful colors, the apples, the bonfires, the pumpkins.....Oh the pumpkins! Terri of Love and Confections is of a like mindset so each Fall she invites fellow bloggers to celebrate with her by posting their favorite pumpkin recipes in an event aptly named Pumpkin Week.
Nineteen Bloggers have signed up to share recipes all week long. You will meet everybody today as today's post is mandatory. Then you will see some or all of us each day as we share our very best recipes just in time for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Do you love sweet recipes? We've got em. Prefer savory? Not a problem. Perhaps you prefer drinks? Grab your glass. Whatever pumpkin recipe you have been looking for is bound to be found during this event. So put your feet up, relax and get ready for a cozy afternoon perusing recipes. I, personally, can't think of a better way to spend a crisp Fall day.
This is my 3rd year joining in this fun event. On the first day of #PumpkinWeek2014 I shared a recipe for Macaroni with Kale and a Creamy Pumpkin Sauce. The following year, for #PumpkinWeek2015, I kicked off the party with some Pumpkin Spice Muffins. So having started with a savory and a sweet, I wanted to start off this week with a beverage.
As I alluded earlier in this post, the day I created this recipe was not crisp but on the warm side. I didn't let that stop me though because pumpkin is just as good during hot weather. Don't believe me? You will after you try this delicious Pumpkin Shake that I have to share.
This creamy smooth drink was perfect for the first day of Fall. It was easy to prepare, using pumpkin puree that I had made last season and frozen. You could always use canned pumpkin as well but I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to make your own and how well it holds up in the freezer.
This recipe makes 2 milkshakes but you can easily double or even triple it with great results. Don't forget to scroll past my recipe to see what pumpkiny goodness the others are sharing today.
2 c. vanilla ice cream
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. sugar
1 c. milk
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend to desired consistency. Alternately, you can use an immersion (hand) blender to create this creamy drink. Print Recipe
More Fantastic Pumpkin Recipes
- Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
- Amish Pumpkin Roll from Palatable Pastime.
- Double Pumpkin Gnocchi from Caroline's Cooking.
- Gigi's Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread from Family Around The Table.
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal in the slow cooker from Feeding Big.
- Lisa's Pumpkin Soup from Cooking With Carlee.
- Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes from The Crumby Cupcake.
- Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.
- Pumpkin Bread from The Freshman Cook.
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze from Making Miracles.
- Pumpkin Brulee Tart from The Redhead Baker.
- Pumpkin Cookies with Butter Rum Icing from Grumpy's Honeybunch.
- Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Love and Confections.
- Pumpkin Glazed Bacon from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
- Pumpkin Laksa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
- Pumpkin Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Muffins from Cindy's Recipes and Writings.
- Pumpkin Pretzel Bites from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.
- Pumpkin Spice Affogato from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
- Pumpkin Spice Granola from The Chef Next Door.
- Spiced Pumpkin Cider from Gluten Free Crumbley