Saturday, March 1, 2014

March on towards the madness and the weekly menu

March!!!!  How is that possible???  Didn't I just take Mom to California?  What about all the stuff I wanted to get done while she was gone? Ten Days People!!!  That is all I have left....10 Lousy Little Days. Remember when we were kids waiting for summer, waiting for school to start, waiting for Christmas, waiting for our birthday?  10 days seemed an eternity.  Now, in the blink of an eye 10 days will have passed, Mom will be home and we will be in the middle of our Lenten practices and getting ready for Easter.

EASTER....do you HEAR me....wasn't it just Christmas???  I am truly dumbfounded by the way time changes with your age and I can't be the only one, can I?  Do you find that your days fly by without your knowing what happened to them?  Heck, it's a good thing I keep this blog or I would think that I slept through the past 2 months.

Seriously, I will be happy to have Mom back home and to get back to our normal routine.  Part of me feels kinda lost when she isn't here and it makes me worry about what I will do with my life when she is no longer here depending on me and needing me.  Kind of like the empty nest syndrome.  When that hit, I started taking in Exchange Students to fill the void.  Don't worry, Frank, I am NOT going to start taking in old people to care for LOL.

So this is how my last full week without Mom looks....

Tomorrow I am catering an afterglow party for about 200 people at our church.  We are having an organ concert and the afterglow will be immediately following.  Just finger foods and wine but I always worry, when it is a group this size, that I am going to run out of food.  Today will be spent shopping, prepping and planning.  I made a Crockpot Whole Baked Chicken  that I found on MPM Wednesday so I will use some of that for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow we will go out after the party if we are still hungry or head home for leftovers.

Ash Wednesday is a day of fasting for us so a very light and simple meatless dinner is served.

The rest of the week is pretty quiet so it should be peaceful and relaxing.  Here is what the menu will be for each day.



Saturday
Frank's Famous Margaritas
Guacamole and Chips
Southwest Chicken Burritos

Sunday
Afterglow Buffet
Dinner out or Leftovers

Meatless Monday
Butternut Squash Manicotti (from freezer)
Broccoli Salad

 Try it Tuesday
Ham and Lentil Stew
Biscuits

Ash Wednesday
Poached Eggs on Toast
Fruit Salad

Thursday
Egg Drop Soup
Chicken Fried Rice

Fish Friday
Lenten Fish Fry at Church

Join us at MPM for many more great menus.






4 comments:

  1. No you are not alone. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. It is scary isn't it? I wonder if your mom will be happy to be home again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure Paula.....she has lived in California all her life LOL.

      Delete
  2. I want to try the Butternut Squash Manicotti. Hello from Menu Plan Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it Melissa. I think it is a delicious and easy way to get more veggies into my family. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.