This fresh, crisp Persian salad features the best of your garden's bounty as the season ends. Toss tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions with a mint-and-lemon vinaigrette. It is the perfect side dish for whatever you are serving for dinner.
We are traveling to Iran today as we Eat the World.......
Cam is hosting this month and invited us to share an Iranian recipe with our readers today. I love Middle Eastern food and have shared many recipes. I was looking for something new to make when I came across this salad, perfect for using up the bounty on my counter from generous neighbors.
Let's see what the others are serving up.......
- Ash Reshteh by Pandemonium Noshery
- Keto Khoresh Bamieh With Beef Mince by Sneha's Recipe
- Khoresht Gheymeh Nesar by Culinary Cam
- Sālād-é-Shirāzi by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sohan-e Qom (Saffron Brittle) by Amy's Cooking Adventures
Not all the ingredients for this salad came from the neighbors. My garden is overrun with mint each year. I planted one small little plant when we first moved in, and it took over. I've given up trying to control it and give away, use, and dry as much as I can.
Yield: 4 servings

Sālād-é-Shirāzi
This fresh, crisp Persian salad features the best of your garden's bounty as the season ends. Toss tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions with a mint-and-lemon vinaigrette. It is the perfect side dish for whatever you are serving for dinner.
Prep time: 5 MinTotal time: 5 Min
Ingredients
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. crushed dried mint
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
Instructions
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mint, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Stir in the tomato, cucumber, and onion. Toss until coated and serve.
Nutrition Facts
Calories
151Fat (grams)
14 gSat. Fat (grams)
2 gCarbs (grams)
7 gFiber (grams)
2 gNet carbs
5 gSugar (grams)
4 gProtein (grams)
1 gSodium (milligrams)
56 mgCholesterol (grams)
0 mgProperty of A Day in the Life on the Farm





No comments:
Post a Comment
I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.