Friday, October 9, 2026

Sweet Memories of a Vineyard Visit and the Weekly Menu

This month, Camilla of Culinary Cam is hosting our Wine Group and has invited us to celebrate harvest season with a Vineyard Visit.  Cam and I met as bloggers in the same groups and soon became real-life friends, meeting up whenever I travel to California. 

Olive and Quail

I last visited with her in person when we met up at her friend's specialty store, Quail and Olive in Carmel, California, this past April.  We also visited the Big Sur Winery Tasting Room located in the same plaza.  

Big Sur Wines

Not a vineyard visit, but we did get to visit with the owner, Lenora, and learn about her wonderful wines. I made this stop to see Cam when my granddaughter and I were on our way to the San Francisco airport after visiting my brother, who lives in the little town of Santa Margarita, home to Ancient Peaks Winery.

Ancient Peaks Winery

We visit Ancient Peaks Tasting Room each time we're in the area, but I haven't been to their vineyards.  Santa Margarita is right outside Paso Robles, and when I visited my brother years ago, we got to visit a vineyard where we met another of my blogging friends who became a real-life friend. Lori of Dracaena Wines kindly met us at her vineyards, gave us a viticulture lesson, and offered us tastings of her wines.

2 women in vineyard

Camilla took this photo of Lori teaching and me learning. She drove down from her neck of the woods to join us for this fun outing way back in 2021.  It was such a great day with great friends and family.  

group enjoying lunch

Lori has since opened a Dracaena Wines Tasting Room in Downtown Paso Robles, and we had the pleasure of visiting her there on subsequent visits.  I have belonged to Dracaena Wine Club for many years now and always look forward to my shipments. 

I didn't think I'd be able to participate in this month's Wine Pairing Weekend event.  September and early October have been very hectic. Larry and Mary have been visiting here in Michigan this month.  We have had several birthday celebrations, including the arrival of our newest grandson.  When Cam sent out a reminder about this event, I decided to take this walk down memory lane.  I hope you have enjoyed my memories as much as I have enjoyed sharing them.

Larry and Mary left yesterday morning for the west side of our state for a last visit with Mary's sister before boarding the train back to California, and things are quieting down around here.  We are taking our Little Miss M to a skating party tomorrow afternoon and then going out to dinner with John before attending a Tribute Concert for the Eagles.  

Sunday, we are taking dinner over to Jessica and Julien's.  I can't wait to see my Angel Face and to get in some snuggles with her new brother.  On Friday, we will be at the hospital with Roz, who is having knee replacement surgery.  I will take dinner over for her to have when she gets home.  

I hope to get back into my regular schedule of working out each morning, and I am excited to start thinking about the upcoming Holiday season.   Happy Fall, everyone. What foods do you crave as the weather cools?

Saturday
Out for dinner before Concert

Sunday Supper (at Jessica's)
Hummus with Mini Pitas and Fresh Vegetables
Beef Stew
Biscuits
Zebra Cake

Meatless Mexican Monday
Black Bean Burritos

Tuesday
Sloppy Joes
Potato Chips

Wok Wednesday
Pork Chop Suey
Steamed Rice

Thursday
Out for dinner before choir

Friday-Dinner with Roz
Chicken Noodle Casserole





No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.