Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

Chewy, tender oatmeal cookies studded with chocolate chips and plump dried cherries.  A perfect Fall treat.

Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

I was making oatmeal the other day and went into the pantry to grab some raisins when I spotted a bag of dried cherries I'd bought on our last trip up north.  This immediately made me think about making cookies.  Then, when I went into the baking cupboard for the flour, I spotted a bag of chocolate chips and grabbed them too.  


Desserts, Cookies, Oatmeal, Chocolate, Cherries
Desserts, Cookies
American
Yield: 30 cookies
Author: Wendy Klik
Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

Chewy, tender oatmeal cookies studded with chocolate chips and plump dried cherries. A perfect Fall treat.


Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 12 MinTotal time: 22 Min

Ingredients

  • 14 T. butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/2 c. dried cherries
  • 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. In the large bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and stir into the creamed mixture using the lowest speed on the mixer.
  3. Stir in the oats, cherries, and chocolate chips.
  4. Using a Tablespoon cookie scoop, place the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe provided by Quaker Oats

Nutrition Facts

Calories

163

Fat (grams)

7 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

4 g

Carbs (grams)

22 g

Fiber (grams)

1 g

Net carbs

21 g

Sugar (grams)

11 g

Protein (grams)

2 g

Sodium (milligrams)

93 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

25 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.