Wednesday, October 23, 2024

V is for Vietnamese

This delicious chicken stirfry is flavored with lemongrass and fish sauce, flavors distinctive to Vietnamese dishes.

Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry

V is for Vietnamese.......
It is hard to believe that the end of the year is near.  After today's Alphabet Challenge there are only 4 letters left.  Not to worry though....we have decided to go through the alphabet again in 2025.  If you are a blogger and would like to join us every other Wednesday just leave a comment below and I will invite you to our Facebook Page.

The letter for today, as you can see, is V.  I originally thought I would share a Venison recipe as I have very generous neighbors who provide me with Venison each November when they have a successful hunt. 

But then I made this Vietnamese Chicken for a Wok Wednesday and it was so good that I knew I wanted to share it.  Let's take a look at what the others are sharing today.......

Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry

This recipe takes only a few ingredients easily found at any grocery store.   It is ready in less than 30 minutes, start to finish.  The original recipe called for skin on chicken thighs, I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs as that was what I had on hand.


Entree, Chicken, Stirfry, Asian
Entree
Vietnamese
Yield: 4 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Vietnamese Chicken Stir-Fry

Vietnamese Chicken Stir-Fry

This delicious chicken stirfry is flavored with lemongrass and fish sauce, flavors distinctive to Vietnamese dishes.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 10 MinTotal time: 20 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs. Boneless, Skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
  • 1/2 t. turmeric
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 T. canola oil
  • 1 T. dark brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 T. fish sauce
  • 3 T. lemongrass paste, or minced fresh lemongrass
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 T. dry white wine

Instructions

  1. Season chicken with turmeric, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
  2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked. Stir in the garlic and lemongrass.
  3. Add the fish sauce, sherry, and brown sugar. Cook and stir until the chicken is coated and the liquid has evaporated.
  4. Serve over steamed rice, if desired.

Notes

Adapted from a recipe found at Posh Journal.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

358

Fat (grams)

16 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

3 g

Carbs (grams)

5 g

Fiber (grams)

0 g

Net carbs

5 g

Sugar (grams)

3 g

Protein (grams)

44 g

Sodium (milligrams)

782 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

215 mg

8 comments:

  1. Wendy, what an exciting alphabetical journey it has been. Thank you so much for initiating it. Vietnamese Chicken stir fry is so easy to make. Like how most of your recipes are fuss free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mayuri. I got used to cooking after coming home from work and before running out for the kid's activities and haven't learned to slow down yet LOL.

      Delete
  2. I always need more recipes using lemongrass and we love a good stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always happy to have a quick to the table dish, especially when it is one as tasty as this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe there are only four letters left! As you know, I love stir fries and can't wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.