Friday, October 11, 2024

A Fall Celebration of Oregon Food and Wine #WinePW

Beef Brisket is slow braised in red wine until it is fall-apart tender.  While it rests, make a gravy from the braising liquid to serve over the top.  

Beef Brisket plate

The Wine Pairing Weekend Group is visiting Oregon this month.....

When David of Cooking Chat asked us to explore the Wines of Oregon for today's event, I knew I wanted to share a seasonal Fall meal.  

Wine

I have enjoyed Oregon wines numerous times and am especially fond of the Pinot Noir at which they excel.  I decided to make a meal that would pair well with a Pinot Noir.  I am not too familiar with the foods of the area.  I have visited Oregon during the summer months and being a coastal area, I mostly enjoyed seafood while visiting.

I explored the region via the Google Search Engine and discovered that Oregon has a large Jewish Population and one of the meals commonly served is Beef Brisket.  I happened to have a Brisket in my freezer and a free Saturday when I would be home all day and able to give this delicious cut of meat the time and attention it deserved.

I stopped by my Total Wine location.  They had numerous bottles from which to choose so I decided to go with one that had been selected as a favorite of one of the store's employees from Conscious Winery in Willamette Valley.

Priced around $15 I could use this wine in my recipe and enjoy a glass (or two) with dinner.  The store blurb said it was earthy, citrusy, and spicy.  I thought those would be good flavors for the brisket.

Beef Brisket with Wine

While my roast was braising I researched this wine and learned that it is made by Samuel Robert Wines, owned by Samuel Coelho and his wife, Bryn.  In 2019 they began focusing on Pinot Noir and making Conscious wines. 

Conscious Wines focuses on bringing awareness to Willamette Valley Pinot Noir by highlighting the process of producing environmentally aware grapes and wines.  I am glad that I discovered it.  It is full-bodied and smooth.  It is heavy enough to stand up to beef which I find is often not true for Pinot Noir.  

David may be hosting a Threads Chat tomorrow morning at 11 AM ET.  I can't join in as we are flying to the East Coast to begin a Fall Color Tour Cruise.  Here are the topics being discussed......

Be sure to check out these articles from the Wine Pairing Weekend writers about pairings with Oregon wines!

8 comments:

  1. That Brisket sounds delicious. Slow cooking and roasting meats like brisket is something that is not in my wheelhouse, so I am drooling at your dish. The wine, well you know that sounds amazing to me! Delicious and environmentally friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brisket looks and sounds delish Wendy. And I'm glad the Pinot was robust enough to pair well it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brisket is such a comfort food in the chilly days of fall, and you can't wrong with Oregon Pinot. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brisket is great comfort food! Need to make it here soon.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.