Thursday, August 10, 2023

Air Fryer Radishes and the Weekly Menu #ImprovCookingChallenge

My neighbor gifted me a huge sack of radishes from their garden.  I love radishes but the rest of my family isn't too crazy about them.  I decided to toss them in the air fryer and see how they turned out.  Oh, my word!!  The bite was gone and replaced by a mild sweetness that my family loved.

Air Fryer Radishes

It's time for the Improv Cooking Challenge.
This month we are challenged to share Air Fryer Favorites.  Make sure to stop by and see the Air Fryer Whole Pomfret Fish In Cafreal Masala recipe provided by Sneha of Sneha's Recipe.  

Air Fried Radish pin

I was happy because this challenge inspired me to make this side dish.  We tend to eat the same vegetable sides night after night.  

Radishes can be roasted or grilled with the same result.  Next time you find yourself lucky enough to be the recipient of radishes try this cooking method.  I think you will be happy you did. 

Saturday we are attending a 75th birthday party for a friend.  On Sunday we are having a gathering for our group that is going to Egypt next month.  We will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs and everyone else is bringing a dish.  

On Monday, our Angel Face is coming to spend the week.  She is attending a Theater Camp in the neighboring town and we will be transporting her to her classes each afternoon. I am looking forward to having her.  Our menu will reflect this as I will cook all her favorites.  Not a hardship....she loves steak, salmon, vegetables, and mashed potatoes with gravy.

Here is our menu for the week.  What are you cooking up?

Saturday
Birthday party 

Sunday-Dive Gathering
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Condiments

Meatless Monday

Taco Tuesday
Build your own Tacos

Wednesday
Grilled Steaks
Corn on the Cob
Salad

Thursday
Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
Steamed Rice

Fish Friday
Honey Glazed Grilled Salmon Salad



Yield: 3 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Air Fryer Radishes

Air Fryer Radishes

Fresh from the garden radishes, trimmed, and air fried to a sweet mellow goodness.
Prep time: 5 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 20 Min

Ingredients

  • 9-12 fresh radishes
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions

  1. Scrub and trim the radishes, saving the greens to add to salads, if desired.
  2. Cut the radishes in half or quarters, if large, to make them uniform in size.
  3. Toss the radishes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
  4. Place in an air fryer at 420* and cook for about 15 minutes, until starting to brown and fork tender.

Nutrition Facts

Calories

43.49

Fat (grams)

4.68 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

0.64 g

Carbs (grams)

0.48 g

Fiber (grams)

0.22 g

Net carbs

0.25 g

Sugar (grams)

0.26 g

Protein (grams)

0.1 g

Sodium (milligrams)

70.15 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

0 mg

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.