Thursday, June 22, 2023

Talinay Sauvignon Blanc from Limari and Souper Easy Enchiladas #WorldWineTravel

 I was in Costco buying chickens to put on the rotisserie for Father's Day when I spotted this bottle of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. A quick check of the label confirmed it was from the Coastal Region of Limari. Perfect for this month's World Wine Travel event.

Wine


I had intended to serve it with the chicken but then we were all playing in the pool while the chicken and ribs were cooking.  Once they were done,  I started carrying out the sides while Frank cut the ribs and chicken into serving pieces.  We all had our drinks that we had been enjoying before dinner and I completely forgot about the wine and just kept sipping my blue lemonade.

woman in pool with wine

The following day we went to a birthday brunch for Frank's sister and then ran some errands on the way home.  It was nearly 90* outside so when we got home we hopped into the pool, being careful to keep my cast dry, and I remembered that I needed to open the wine for today's post.

Frank, being the wonderful man that he is, got out of the pool, went into the house and returned with the wine and the camera.  He took photos and then delivered my wine to me as I lounged in the pool.  He is the BEST Cabana Boy ever!!!!

wine

This wine poured nearly crystal clear.  It smells of citrus and it is juicy, bright and tart.  It is a wonderful summer wine and I was happy that I picked it up even though it was a bit more than I would commonly spend on a Sauv Blanc at $21.99.

Tabali Talinay vineyards are located in Lamari, a short distance from the Pacific coast.  They are grown in limestone which gives the wines a unique minerality that gave this wine a bit of effervescence.  I enjoyed a glass while I relaxed and recouped from a busy couple of days.

When it was time to start thinking about dinner, I went in and pulled out some of the leftover chicken.  I was going to make some BBQ sauce to dress the chicken for sandwiches when Marissa called and asked if I would make enchiladas instead and bring some up to work for her dinner break.

dinner plate and wine

I took a look to see what I had available in the pantry and refrigerator and ended up with this easy peasy dinner that I have made often throughout the years when I have leftover chicken to use up and want to have dinner on the table in half an hour start to finish.

They aren't true enchiladas as they use flour tortillas instead of corn and the sauce is very Americanized.  But they are quick, tasty and my family loves them.  Frank delivered a plate to Marissa as I plated our dinners and poured us the remaining wine in the bottle. 

I did enjoy this wine by itself but it is much better with food and the light spice and heavy fat of the dish was complemented by the wine's acidity.

This event is being hosted by Martin of ENOFYLZ Wine Blog.  You can learn more in his invitation post.  You are also invited to join us for Twitter chat on Saturday, June 24, at 11 AM ET to learn more about the wines of this region.  You will find us by following #WorldWineTravel.  Here are some of the topics we will be discussing......


entrees, chicken, casseroles, enchiladas, leftovers
entrees, chicken
American Mexican Fusion
Yield: 5 servings
Author: Wendy Klik
Souper Easy Enchiladas

Souper Easy Enchiladas

This Americanized take on enchiladas is a great way to repurpose leftover chicken using pantry and refrigerator staples.
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 20 MinTotal time: 30 Min

Ingredients

  • 2 c. leftover, chopped chicken meat
  • 1 can cream soup of choice, I used cream of chicken
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1 c. salsa of choice
  • 1 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
  • 10 (6") flour tortillas

Instructions

  1. Whisk together the soup, sour cream and salsa. Remove one cup of this mixture to a large bowl and set the remainder aside.
  2. Stir in the chicken and 1/2 cup of the cheese to the one cup of salsa mixture.
  3. Divide this mixture between the tortillas, rolling to close and placing seam side down in a 9x13" baking pan.
  4. Top with the reserved salsa mixture, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.

Notes

adapted from a recipe by Campbells soup company

Nutrition Facts

Calories

465.51

Fat (grams)

25.26 g

Sat. Fat (grams)

10.52 g

Carbs (grams)

38.88 g

Fiber (grams)

3.41 g

Net carbs

35.48 g

Sugar (grams)

6.09 g

Protein (grams)

20.71 g

Sodium (milligrams)

1272.22 mg

Cholesterol (grams)

75.46 mg

calories per loaf.

2 comments:

  1. Now I am craving enchiladas and more Chilean Sauvignon Blanc! Good thing I still have another bottle of the Veramonte. Maybe this weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary and I enjoyed that bottle of Veramonte very much. Thank you again

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.