Friday, June 16, 2023

Weekly Menu for lots of Celebrations

What a tremendous week we had and what an amazing week we have coming up.  Let me share with you our last day in CA and the excitement we had upon coming home.

Girl at Aquarium
On our final day in California, we left my brother's house after breakfast and drove into Monterey where we met my friend Cam and her son for lunch.  Sushi again at the Angel Face's request, after which she and I headed to the Monterey Aquarium.  The Angel Face loved the otters and the hermit crabs most of all.
After the aquarium we drove to San Jose and stayed near the airport.  It was cold but there was a pool so, of course, we needed to go swimming.  Well, the Angel Face and two other crazy kids were swimming as the other mother and I just shook our heads.  

Dinner in the room before bedtime as our flight was at 6:15 AM...YIKES.  We landed home at 6 PM ET and Jessica had dinner ready for us when we got to her house.  

Friends toasting

The following day we had friends over for dinner.  You can read all about that in my Normandy 44 post.

Family at restaurant

On Thursday we attended our daughter Jessica's oath ceremony and celebrated her becoming an American Citizen.  She waited 16 long years for this day.  We couldn't be happier or prouder.

As you read this I am in surgery having the hardware removed from my left elbow.  This and the rehab to regain full range of motion in that arm is, hopefully, the final chapter of the trauma suffered when I was struck by that truck while walking.  I know that I will have lingering effects for the rest of my life but I am thrilled that I have a life to suffer those effects.

Saturday I will be recuperating and getting prepared for the family to join us in celebration of all the men in our lives with a backyard bbq on Sunday.

Friends in Curacao

Monday, we are celebrating Frank's sister's birthday with a brunch at our daughter, Nicole's.  Wednesday we are having a Curacao reunion as our friend's the Greens will be in our area on vacation for a few days.

Thursday is Kirsten's heavenly birthday.  We will attend Mass in her memory in the morning and be available to help John throughout the day.  Friday is another party for the Greens, this time with our dive family.

So here is our Weekly Menu and stay tuned for next week because it is just as busy as this one!!

Saturday 
Order in Pizza

Sunday-Dad’s Day
BBQ chicken and ribs
Tortellini Salad
Potato Salad
4 Bean Salad
Kale Slaw
Strawberry Torte

Monday
Birthday Brunch for Roz at Nicole’s 
Leftovers for dinner

Tuesday
Hamburgers 

Wednesday- Curaçao gathering
Crab Stuffed Avocados
Caribbean Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa
Black Beans and Rice
4 Bean Salad
Kale Slaw
Grilled Plantains
Fresh Pineapple
Caramelized Pineapple Cake

Thursday
Out for breakfast after Kirsie’s Birthday Mass
Fish Fry at John's.  I'm bringing Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake and Rhubarb Ice Cream

Friday-Dive Gathering 
Pulled Pork Sandwiches 
Assorted Deli Salads



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.