Monday, March 23, 2020

Lemon Jelly Roll for #SpringSweetsWeek

This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.

Tender Angel Food cake wrapped around lemon curd and sprinkled with powdered sugar.  The perfect spring time dessert.

Lemon Jelly Roll

Welcome to Day 1 of Spring Sweets Week......


Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks!  What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food and a fun giveaway?

27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring!  So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages!

Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Cookware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes you can win!

I have been looking forward to this event for months.  I wasn't too worried about having tons of sweets lying around the house because we take donations for desserts at our Parish Fish Fry and I thought I would be taking them there to distribute.

Then, the world stood still and the weekly Fish Fry during Lent was cancelled.  The great thing was that I had lots of baking to do to keep me occupied during our time of quarantine.  The bad thing was that there were only the 4 of us to eat all the goodies I was making.

I guess, that's not the worst quandary in the world though and my thoughts and prayers are with those who have it so very much worse than I.  I'm sure my fellow bakers feel the same way.  Let's take a look at the treats they came up with for this event.....

Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes

We were all very fortunate to receive some excellent products for use in developing recipes for Spring Sweets Week.  These same sponsors have put together prize packages for our readers.  You will have a chance to learn more and enter to win those products following my recipe.

pans


Each day I will be sharing my personal experience with the products I received.  Today I'm going to talk about the wonderful package I got from Anolon.   My bake ware collection contained a loaf pan, jelly roll pan and 9x13 baking pan.

Lemon Jelly Roll

Not only was this pan perfect for making my Angel Food Cake but it is also the perfect size to use in my counter top oven.  In fact, I store it right inside and use it every time I want to quick roast veggies or bake a small batch.

Lemon Jelly Roll

This delicious dessert only take 25 minutes to put together.  Refrigerate until after dinner and you have a dessert that will have your family and friends begging for seconds.



#lemon, #desserts, #cake,
Desserts, Cake
American
Yield: 12 servings
Author:

Lemon Jelly Cake

Lemon Jelly Cake

Tender Angel Food cake wrapped around lemon curd and sprinkled with powdered sugar. The perfect spring time dessert.
Prep time: 10 MCook time: 15 MTotal time: 25 M

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 3 T. ice water
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 (7 oz) jar Lemon Curd
  • Powdered sugar

Instructions:

How to cook Lemon Jelly Cake

  1. Line a 13x9x1" jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.  Set aside.
  2. In large bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs on high for a  few minutes.  Lower the speed to medium high and gradually add the sugar.  Beat another couple of minutes until thick and lemon colored.  Stir in the water.
  3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.  Sprinkle over the egg mixture and then gently fold in, using a spatula. 
  4. Spread the batter into the pan and bake in a preheated 375* oven for 12-15 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched.
  5. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cook in the pan for about 5 minutes, while you place a linen kitchen towel onto the counter and sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar.
  6. Turn the cake onto the towel and remove the parchment paper.  Roll the cake in the towel, starting on the short side.   Place onto the wire rack and let cool completely.
  7. When cake is cooled, unroll and spread the lemon curd evenly over the cake leaving 1" border on the sides.  Reroll the cake and place seam side down onto a serving platter.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Notes:

Adapted from a recipe found at Taste of Home.
Calories
223.22
Fat (grams)
4.38
Sat. Fat (grams)
2.20
Carbs (grams)
43.47
Fiber (grams)
0.31
Net carbs
43.16
Sugar (grams)
34.98
Protein (grams)
3.39
Sodium (milligrams)
107.26
Cholesterol (grams)
73.94
Created using The Recipes Generator





25 comments:

  1. I love a good cake roll and lemon is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon cake is one of my favorites, what a delicious cake roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget how quick and easy a jelly roll can be to actually make. They just look so special you can easily think they are difficult. I'll have to try your version soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is just watering look at all that lemon lusciousness! I can't wait to make this cake and I love these pans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how I feel about lemon curd! I rarely make jelly roll cakes. But I'll have to give this a shot soon. Thanks for the inspiration, Wendy. Be safe during the quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon is my favorite spring flavor! I bet this cake tastes amazing! I love how simple it is too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make a jelly roll after seeing this! So pretty...and yummy lip smakin' yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemon makes me think of spring and sunshine. I can't wait to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cake rolls are always a hold your breath dessert for me. Will it crack? Yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But as you can see, it did crack....but it was still delicious.

      Delete
  10. Lemon sounds perfect for a spring jelly roll cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never done a rolled cake and now that I keep seeing them I guess I need to! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to be brave enough to attempt one of these! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is less than perfect. It cracked a bit, but it tasted marvelous.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.