Saturday, March 21, 2020

Weekly Menu for Week 2 of Quarantine

We are surviving pretty well here on the Klik farm during this voluntary quarantine.  I have been spending a lot of time cooking and baking.  We still held a drive through carry out for our Parish Fish Fry so that kept me busy.  Not as busy as a full blown fish fry, which I must say, was a welcome relief.

Image result for coronavirus

We did not allow customers into the building and we limited our volunteers to 10 people.  These same 10 people have agreed to help me reopen the Food Pantry.  We will be handling it the same way with a drive through pick up.  Clients can call for a basket and when they drive through they can provide their name and be given the distribution we have prepared.  We are unable to get all the items we would normally provide but we will do what we can.  This makes me happy because it broke my heart not to distribute last week.

Image result for shelter in place

We will continue to take walks and hikes, play board games, watch movies, and read.  All these things continue to maintain our sanity.  And we will eat.........

Saturday
Herbed Chicken Thighs with Charred Romaine

Sunday
Maafe (Peanut Stew)
Corn Bread

Monday
Chicken Finger Nachos

Tuesday
Clams tossed in Herbs and Spaghetti

Wednesday
Pot Roast w/root vegetables

Thursday
Beef Noodle Soup (using leftover roast)
Chicken Spiedini Sandwich

Fish Friday
Parish Fish Fry

2 comments:

  1. Your devotion to the people you help is wonderful. I have been hoping that food banks would find a way to help the people that depend on them.

    Be Well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae, since this post was written, due to the Governors Stay Home mandate, we are now only serving those who are in dire need. I package up the food and leave it on the porch so there is no physical interaction.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.