Thursday, March 5, 2020

One Skillet Pasta #NoodleMonth

This easy and delicious meal is ready in under half an hour making it perfect for those busy nights when the hangries have arrived before you walked into the door.


The Festive Foodies gang is sharing noodle recipes today.......


What is your go to pantry item when time is short and people are hungry?  Mine is definitely pasta.  It is quick, filling and can be made in a plethora of ways so you never tire of it.  

When Cindy of Cindy's Recipes and Writings asked us to join her in celebrating Noodle Month saying:

"March is National Noodle Month and for this event, let's show off our best noodle dishes! It can be traditional pasta, veggie noodles, rice noodles, any kind you like served hot or cold!"
I intended to share a pasta salad recipe that was in my archives since last summer.  Then, however, I came home one day and we were all starving.  I needed to get dinner on the table fast so I looked in the refrigerator and spied a package of smoked sausage.  I always have pasta in my pantry and frozen vegetables in my freezer.  I knew dinner was just a short time away.

Before I share my recipe, let's take a look at what the others are sharing today:


I started out by sauteing up the sausage and onions until the sausage was browned and the onions softened.  You can use any meat that you happen to have on hand.  I have used chicken, both fresh and leftover, ground beef, Italian Sausage or no meat at all.


I added a 4 serving size bag of frozen mixed vegetables.  I used a spring vegetable medley this time but you can use whatever your family likes and you have on hand.  Added some chicken broth and milk along with half a package of noodles.  I used rigatoni but any short, strong pasta will work.

Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil, cover and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes.  Toss in some cheese to thicken the sauce a bit and dinner is served.


That's it.  One Skillet.  Thirty Minutes.  Complete Dinner on the Table.  No Muss.  No Fuss.  Just a happy family.

I found this recipe many years ago on a blog called Taste and Tell.  I have made variations of it nearly once a month since then.  I think once you try this it is going to become a regular in your house as well. 



#noodles, #pasta, #oneskilletmeals, #sausage,
Entrees, One Skillet Meals, Pasta, Smoked Sausage
American
Yield: 4 servings
Author:

One Skillet Pasta

One Skillet Pasta

This easy and delicious meal is ready in under half an hour making it perfect for those busy nights when the hangries have arrived before you walked into the door.
prep time: 10 Mcook time: 20 Mtotal time: 30 M

ingredients:

  • 1/2 T. olive oil
  • 1 (14 oz) pkg. smoked sausage
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen mixed vegetable medley
  • 2 1/2 c. chicken broth
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 8 oz. rigatoni, or similar pasta
  • 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

instructions:

How to cook One Skillet Pasta

  1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over med high heat.  Cut the sausage into 1/2" slices and add to the skillet along with the onion.  Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and onions are tender.
  2. Add the frozen vegetables, broth, milk and pasta to the skillet.  Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.  Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your liking.
  3. Sprinkle in the cheese and stir to thicken sauce and coat pasta.  Serve with additional cheese, if desired.

NOTES:

Adapted from a recipe found at Taste and Tell.
Calories
305.74
Fat (grams)
12.92
Sat. Fat (grams)
5.02
Carbs (grams)
34.24
Fiber (grams)
2.74
Net carbs
31.50
Sugar (grams)
2.60
Protein (grams)
13.10
Sodium (milligrams)
1070.96
Cholesterol (grams)
29.42
Created using The Recipes Generator





2 comments:

  1. I love one skillet dishes any time of year! your sauce looks so creamy, yum!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.