Sunday, June 2, 2019

Cheese and Spinach Ravioli Casserole #OurFamilyTable

This easy peasy casserole goes together quickly and makes a delicious one pot meal.


We are celebrating National Dairy Month with the From Our Dinner Table Group......



I love dairy.  I drink milk every day.  I love ice cream.  I always have light and heavy cream in the refrigerator for cooking and baking.  I use yogurt in my smoothies, dips and sauces.  Sour cream is my preferred topping of choice for Mexican food or potatoes.  

But of all the dairy that I love, my very favorite is CHEESE.  I love cheese of all sorts.  I know that I could never be vegan only because I cannot give up cheese.  I love it melted.  I love it in chunks.  I love it shredded. I even love it in little portable packages that I can take with me where ever I go.

So it was no surprise that when Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures and Ellen of Family Around the Table asked us to share Delicious Dairy Recipes I chose to showcase Cheese.

Let's take a look at what Dairy recipes the others are sharing today......

Delicious Dairy Recipes


We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!



This casserole that I am sharing with you today makes it easy to get a nutritious, healthy dinner on the table in these hectic end of school days.  An added bonus....I don't know any kids who don't love pasta.


Using premade cheese pasta from the dairy section of the grocers saves tons of time.  Of course, feel free to make homemade cheese ravioli if you have the time and inclination.  Use your favorite sauce, either homemade or store bought.  I still had a jar of my Farmstand Marinara Sauce that I used.




  1. Place a small amount of sauce into the bottom of your casserole and add half a package of cheese ravioli.  No need to cook it first.
  2. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese.
  3. Add a package of baby spinach and cover with half of the remaining sauce.
  4. Make another layer of the remaining pasta, sauce and cheese.  
That's it.  You are done.  You can make this the night before and refrigerate until you come home or you can put it in the oven right away and dinner is served in less than an hour.  Enjoy!!



#casseroles, #pasta, #cheese, #spinach, #onepotmeals
Entree, Pasta, Casseroles, Kid Friendly, One Pot Meals
American
Yield: 6 Servings
Author:

Cheese and Spinach Ravioli Casserole

prep time: 5 Mcook time: 30 Mtotal time: 35 M
This easy peasy casserole goes together quickly and makes a delicious one pot meal.

ingredients:

  • 1 Family size pkg. of cheese ravioli or 1 recipe homemade.
  • 2 c. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 c. Parmesan Cheese, grated, shredded or flaked
  • 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach leaves
  • 1 qt. Marinara Sauce

instructions:

How to cook Cheese and Spinach Ravioli Casserole

  1. Place enough Marinara sauce into a casserole to cover the bottom.
  2. Add half of the ravioli and  the baby spinach leaves 
  3. Cover with half of the remaining Marinara sauce, 1 cup of the Mozzarella and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan.
  4. Add the remaining ravioli, covering  with the remaining sauce and sprinkling with the remaining cheeses.  
  5. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
Calories
174.90
Fat (grams)
10.52
Sat. Fat (grams)
5.81
Carbs (grams)
7.91
Fiber (grams)
1.16
Net carbs
6.75
Sugar (grams)
1.88
Protein (grams)
12.59
Sodium (milligrams)
593.32
Cholesterol (grams)
32.87
Created using The Recipes Generator






4 comments:

  1. That looks so simple while still being delicious and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds incredible. P.S. Cheese is my favorite dairy too. My cheese drawer overflows!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.