Join me and others as we share Vegan recipes to help our readers with their New Year Resolutions......
One of the members of our blogging family, Valentina of The Baking Fairy, invited us to all share a vegan recipe in an event that she cleverly named #Veganuary.
I am not a vegan but I do try to offer up vegetarian options at least once a week on Meatless Mondays. These often contain animal products though...butter, eggs, honey, etc. I do have friends that are vegan so I am familiar with cooking vegan foods and it is not as difficult as people seem to believe. I was one of those people for a long time.
Many of us make vegan food quite often without even realizing it. Many pasta dishes are vegan, a lot of soup and salads are vegan and so are many bean and rice casseroles. Whenever I have a party, I always try to make sure there are vegan options available.
The recipe I'm sharing today is one of those that can be included at a party and all the guests will enjoy it. The meat lovers won't even realize it is vegan.
Let's take a look at what other Vegan Recipes are being shared today.......
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Jackfruit Carnitas by The Baking Fairy
- Baba Ganoush by Lemon Blossoms
- Creamy Vegan Curry Bean Soup by Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Delicata Squash Fries with Chipotle Garlic Dipping Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Instant Pot Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by The Live-In Kitchen
- Instant Pot Chipotle Sofritas by Herbivore Cucina
- Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Veggies with Satay Peanut Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Scrambled Tofu with Sweet Potato & Kale Hash by The Spiffy Cookie
- Vegan Artichoke Hummus by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Vegan Baked Oats and Vegetable Bites by Cook With Renu
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwiches by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Vegan Cannellini Rocket Tortilla Pizza by The Fiery Vegetarian
- Vegan Cookie Dough Energy Balls by Veggie Lexi
- Vegan Cranberry Apple Chickpea Salad by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
- Vegan Fire-Roasted Tomato and Bean Soup by Blogghetti
- Vegan Khoresh Bademjan by Palatable Pastime
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff with Tofu by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Superfood Breakfast Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Vegan Thai Roasted Carrots with Peanuts by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vegan Vanilla Chai Oatmeal by Fairyburger
- Vegetable Chettinad (Vegan Spicy Vegetable Curry) by Flavours Treat
#vegan, #artichoke, #hummus, #garbanzobeans, #appetizers, #dips
Yield: 1 bowlPin it
prep time: 10 minscook time: total time: 10 mins
Creamy and delicious, this Artichoke Hummus served up with fresh veggies is the perfect start to your New Year.
1 (15 oz) can artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
2 T. garlic paste
1/2 c. tahini
juice from half a lemon
salt to taste
1/2 t. cumin
water, if needed
Place the artichokes, garbanzo beans, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and cumin in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until you reach the desired consistency adding water, a Tablespoon at a time, if needed. Taste and season with more salt if necessary.
Serve with fresh vegetables, mini pitas or crackers.
Adapted from Feed Me Phoebe
Property of A Day in the Life on the Farm
Created using The Recipes Generator