Saturday, January 5, 2019

Pure Comfort~~~Pasta with a Bottle of Aglianico

This month for our ItalianFWT tasting and discussion, Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla asked us to share Wines for a Cold Winter Nights.


I decided to share a bottle of Aglianico.  Won't you join us.........

I very much enjoy our ItalianFWT group.  I am not very familiar with Italian wines but I am learning.  Before I joined this group, I knew that Italy made Chianti wine and that if you bought Chianti here in the USA it is called Sangiovese.  We name our wines from the grapes used.  European countries name their wines from the regions in which it is grown.

That was about all I knew.  Since then I have learned a bit more and love experimenting with new (to me) wines.  One of the wines to which I was introduced was Aglianico.  I fell in love.  It is a deep, rich wine that I find to be very food friendly.


I ordered up this bottle from an area Italian Market.  I don't know too much about this wine except that this vintage is no longer available.  I found that out when I tried to order up another bottle.  It comes from La Guardiense in Campania.

I served it up with a Vegetarian Lasagna that I will be sharing with you later this month so stay tuned for that recipe.  It was a wonderful pairing.

As you are reading this I am on vacation in Arizona.  Well, actually, I am finishing up my vacation and on a plane heading home.  Therefore, I will not be able to join in our chat on twitter this morning with Cam and the others but please do join them at 11 AM ET following #ItalianFWT.  You will walk away with much more knowledge about Italian wines then when you joined in the chat.  I promise.

Please stop by Cam's Invitation Post and Preview Post for further information.  I also encourage you to check out the articles the other members have written.  You will find links and the topics below.


14 comments:

  1. I agree the Italian Food, Wine, and Travel group is a great place to learn more about Italian wines....and discover some delicious pairings like your vegetarian lasagna! I will be watching for that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lasagna looks delicious, Wendy. And I am always a fan of Aglianico. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aglianico is another great Italian red! looks like some good comfort food here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aglianico is truly a wine to savor next to a fire! Like you, it's one that has captured my taste buds. There's a reason they call it the Nebiollo of the south!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a safe flight back! The lasagna look delicious and can't wait to check out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our flights were without a hitch, thanks Nicole. I will be sharing the lasagna recipe on the 14th of the month.

      Delete
  6. Hope vacation was grand. Always hunting out new veggie recipes and this combo sounds excellent for our upcoming snowstorm weekend here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy vacation Jill even though it was cold and snowy in Arizona while we were there. Stay warm.

      Delete
  7. It's so cool that you've learned so much about Italian wine with this group Wendy! That makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Martin, I love the wealth of knowledge from other bloggers.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.