Monday, January 14, 2019

A Whirlwind Weekend and The Weekly Menu on a Monday Afternoon

Sorry that this menu is getting to you so late this week but I think you will understand when I describe my fun filled, crazy, hectic weekend.

Image result for hectic weekend




Friday night we ended up going out to dinner with friends.  We went to Cooper's Hawk which I absolutely love.  We had wine tasting before dinner.  It was a great night and the restaurant is in the middle of a shopping plaza filled with stores, restaurants, salons and a huge movie theater.  This meant the Marissa and her friend could have dinner, shop and catch a movie while we visited with our friends.  Perfect.

Saturday, we returned Marissa's friend to her parents and then headed downtown to see Aladdin, the Musical.  Oh My!!!  I wasn't sure what to expect but what a blast!  The set was colorful, the dancing superb, the banter hilarious.  If you get a chance to see this show you absolutely should.  After the show, attended by Amy, Doug, Jessica, Julien, the Angel Face, the Teen and us, we went to Traffic Jam and Snug for dinner.  Another one of my favorites.

Sunday morning we got up and headed for Mass.  After Mass we met Marissa's sister and her foster parents and Marrisa's brother and his adoptive parents for lunch and an afternoon of bowling.  When we were done Marrisa's brother and parents, (who happen to be her maternal aunt and uncle who live across the street from us), returned home and ordered in pizza to finish the night.

So as I write this it is Monday afternoon.  I have spent the morning taking care of chores and catching up on the administrative side of the blog.  I stuck a frozen chicken in the Instant Pot and plan on turning it into Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner tonight.

Now I am sitting here surrounded by my calendar and cookbooks figuring out what we are going to eat the rest of the week.  I have two meals to move over from last week so that makes it easier.  So without further ado here is the Weekly Menu.......see you soon.

Saturday
Out for dinner after Aladdin

Sunday
Pizza and Salad

Monday
Chicken Noodle Soup
Dinner Rolls

Tuesday
Olive Oil Poached Cod
Roasted Red Skin Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday
Parsnip Soup
Pizza Grilled Cheese

Thursday
Stuffed Cabbages
Mashed Potatoes

Friday
Fried Bologna and Onion Sandwiches






No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.