Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Starting with Leftovers #KitchenMatrixCookingProject

This comforting, homey breakfast is a great way to use up some of that leftover stuffing from your Thanksgiving Feast.



Join us today as we share our inspiration for using up some of those Holiday Leftovers........



Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, Karen of Karen's Kitchen Stories and I have been cooking our way through the Kitchen Matrix by Mark Bittman all year long. 


I was in charge of choosing themes this month and was happy to find that Bittman had an entire section on using up Thanksgiving Leftovers.  This section is filled with easy, peasy ideas and I served up this Stuffing with Eggs for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving before hopping into the car for a road trip.  


This dish was delicious and kept us satisfied for much of our long trip up north where we had a marvelous weekend.  I will be posting more about my weekend and Thanksgiving celebration in the next day or two but right now let's take a look at what Cam and Karen made with their leftovers.




And now for this recipe that I was inspired to make.......


#holidayleftovers, #leftovers, #stuffing, #eggs, #meatless, #breakfast, #Brunch
Breakfast, Meatless, Leftovers
American
Yield: adjustable to needsPin it

Stuffing with Eggs

prep time: 5 minscook time: 20 minstotal time: 25 mins
This comforting, homey breakfast is a great way to use up some of that leftover stuffing from your Thanksgiving Feast.

ingredients:

Leftover stuffing
Room temperature butter
Eggs
salt and pepper to taste

instructions:

Butter the bottoms and sides of individual ramekins.  Fill with leftover stuffing.  Make a well in the center of the stuffing with the back of a spoon.  Place an egg into the well.  Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 15-20 minutes until egg is cooked to your liking.

NOTES:

Inspired by The Kitchen Matrix by Mark Bittman
Created using The Recipes Generator

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so delicious! I was definitely tempted to make this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good Karen. Especially when you broke the egg over the stuffing. YUMMO

      Delete
  2. I didn't have any stuffing, but I really do want to try this. So, I will. Soon!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.