Monday, September 10, 2018

Chipas (Argentinean Cheese Biscuits) #EattheWorld #BakingBloggers

Chipas is an Argentinian Cheese Bread made, commonly enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack.  They come in many forms and sizes.  I shaped mine into biscuits.


Join me today as I visit Argentina with my Eat the World group and share biscuits from my Baking Bloggers group........




Our Eat the World Challenge is hosted by Evelyne of CulturEatz.  Each month she chooses a different Country to visit and invites us to join her in posting a recipe from said Country.   We post on the 10th of each and every month.  

I really love this group and appreciate that Evelyne started it after I requested more information on a similar group to which she belonged that had ended.  We have had a lot of fun this year and have thus far visited Cuba, Ireland, Thailand, Kenya, Sweden, New Zealand and France.  This month we headed to Argentina.

Image result for two worlds collide

Every so often I get lucky in this blogging galaxy to which I belong and two worlds collide.  Such is the case this month.

Baking Bloggers is a wonderful group started by Sue of Palatable Pastime.  We once belonged to a group that shared cookie recipes each month.   When that group ended, Sue invited those who wished to join her, to post a baking recipe on the second Monday of each month.  Sue puts out a poll following each event and we vote on the next topic to be baked.



This month September 10th is the second Monday of the month. We had voted to bake Biscuits/Scones.  Knowing that I wanted to combine the themes I conducted a google search for popular breads in Argentina and was immediately gratified with a ton of recipes for Chipas.



The images of Chipas showed numerous shapes and sizes. From dinner rolls, to bagels, to drop biscuits.  I decided to enlist the help of my favorite sous chef and make traditional biscuits using the Chipas dough.


These biscuits were great as an accompaniment to the Mexican Beer Chili that I shared with you last Friday.  I also enjoyed them for breakfast the next morning.  They were good plain and they were also good stuffed with scrambled eggs.  

Before I share the recipe that I  adapted for these yummy biscuits let's take a look at what the others in the groups are sharing today.

Eat the World visits Argentina




Baking Bloggers~~Biscuits and Scones


And now for my recipe........


#bread, #biscuits, #Argentina, #cheese,
Bread, Biscuits, Sides, Snacks
Argentinian
Yield: 12 biscuitsPin it

Chipas (Argentinian Cheese Bread)

Chipas is an Argentinian Cheese Bread made, commonly enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack. They come in many forms and sizes. I shaped mine into biscuits.
prep time: 10 minscook time: 15 minstotal time: 25 mins

ingredients:

1 egg
2/3 c.  milk
6 oz. grated Italian Cheese Blend
3 T. butter, melted
1 3/4 c. tapioca starch (also called tapioca flour)
1 c. self rising flour

instructions

Whisk together the egg, milk, cheese and butter in a large bowl.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in the tapioca starch and flour until combined.

Knead for a minute or so and then pat into a round about 1/2" thick and cut out 12 rounds using a biscuit cutter or the top of a glass.  Re-form the dough into 1/2" rounds as needed, being careful to not overwork the dough.

Place onto a baking pan that has been lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 12-15 minutes.

NOTES:

adapted from a recipe found on allrecipes submitted by Arthropod.
Created using The Recipes Generator


22 comments:

  1. LOVE the photo of Angel Face helping with the biscuits. Good job!! I can't wait to try these, Wendy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make the Argentinian cheese bread in the shape of biscuits! They do look crumbly and delicious either for savory or with some jam for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your biscuits look delicious, and I'm really interested in the challenge of finding Argentine food.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your little sous chef totally got into it! Literally. Biscuits are tricky to get just right, but you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool love it when to groups collide, and I so appreciate being in mine too <3 Wow love cheese so these biscuits sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice when both worlds collide isn't it? These sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh- I can imagine this as the BEST egg sandwich vehicle! Yum! I have to go buy some self-rising flour now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always combine flour and baking powder too. I just happened to have some self rising on hand.

      Delete
  8. A cute sous chef making these lovely cheese biscuits, they look too good Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of these, and now I need to go buy some Tapioca starch so I can try my hand at them. Looks like you and Sneha had one of those 'great minds' moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yumm, cheese and biscuits are a wonderful pairing. I'm sure the tapioca starch must make them extra light. They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time working with tapioca starch. I was pleased with the results.

      Delete
  11. I love that you made the chipas into biscuits! Such a wonderful way to bring together the two groups!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought cheese bread belonged to the Brazilians.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.