Monday, July 9, 2018

Instant Pot Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake #BakingBloggers

This delicious cheesecake is creamy, rich and delicious.  It is flavored with a Lemon Blueberry Jam and cooked using an Instant Pot.




It is time for our monthly Baking Bloggers group.  This fun group is led by Sue of Palatable Pastime.  She invites all the members to vote on different topics each month and then bake something that accommodates that topic.

This month, when the votes were tallied, Sue advised us that we would be featuring items baked using small kitchen appliances.  Think toaster ovens, waffle irons, slow cookers, rice steamers, instant pots, electric grills and probably even microwave ovens.

I was excited because I had seen a recipe for cheesecake in the Instant Pot that I had been wanting to make so this was a perfect topic for me.


I did have to go out and buy another springform pan.  Mine was too big to fit into my Instant Pot and I have the largest one available.  The new pan fits perfectly at 6 inches diameter.


I pressed the graham cracker crust into the pan and stuck it in the freezer while I made up the filling.  Our son, Tony, makes and sells wonderful jams.  One of my favorite flavors is his Lemon Blueberry so I used that to flavor my filling.  You can use any flavor jam that you like for this recipe.


When the cheesecake was assembled, I added some water to the Instant Pot and then I put the cheesecake onto the rack that came with the pot.  My rack has handles, if yours does not you will need to make handles from aluminum foil.  Manually set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 25 minutes, making sure the steam release is closed, and walk away.


When the timer goes off, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release steam for 15 minutes.  My valve was down signaling that all steam was released.  If you still have pressure after the 15 minutes, conduct a quick pressure release until the valve goes down.  Remove the rack containing the cheesecake from the Instant Pot.   My cheesecake had a little bit of condensation on it so I blotted it with a  paper towel.  Allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.


When I was ready to serve, I released the sides and topped the cheesecake with whipped cream.


While it was not the prettiest cheesecake I had ever served it was certainly one of the most delicious and it was easy peasy to boot.


Let's see what the others baked up using small kitchen appliances.



#bakingbloggers, #cheesecake, #jam, #instantpot, #desserts,
Dessert
American
Yield: 8Pin it

Instant Pot Lemon Blueberry Jam Cheesecake

prep time: 15 minscook time: 40 minstotal time: 55 mins
This delicious cheesecake is creamy, rich and delicious. It is flavored with a Lemon Blueberry Jam and cooked using an Instant Pot.

ingredients:

1 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 T. butter, melted
2 (8 oz) pkgs. Cream Cheese
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. lemon blueberry jam (or your favorite, seedless flavor)
1 T. flour
2 eggs, room temperature
heavy cream, whipped, if desired

instructions:

Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter.  Press into the bottom of a 6" springform pan that has been treated with baking spray.  Place in the freezer for 10 minutes while making filling.

In large bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and sugar until well blended and smooth.  Mix in the jam and flour.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended.  Pour over the cold crust in the pan.  

Pour 1 c. of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.  Place the springform pan on the rack provided with the Instant Pot and lower to the bottom.  Lock the lid in place and manually select High Pressure for 25 minutes.  

When time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes and then use the quick pressure release in any steam remains.  Remove the rack containing the cheesecake to a work surface and blot any condensation from the top with a paper towel.  Let cool completely before covering and refrigerating for at least 4 hrs. before serving.  Top with Whipped Cream, if desired.

Created using The Recipes Generator

11 comments:

  1. Wendy. Oh, my. That cheesecake looks wonderful! Who wouldn't want to bring that out to your family or guests. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need one of those pans with handles! This sounds delicious, and no cracks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cracks but the crust didn't come out as cleanly as I would have liked.

      Delete
  3. I almost lined my baking pan with baking parchment for the carrot snack cake but decided it probably wasn't necessary. Reading your comment above, Wendy, I think I will do that for cheesecake. I see why you were tickled! Lovely cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definite, it's time for me to put an instant pot on my wish list. This cheesecake looks mouth-wateringly good. So many great recipes this month. Thanks so much for doing all the behind scenes work.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.