Monday, September 24, 2018

Applesauce Muffins #AppleWeek #MuffinMonday

This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.



Chock full of Autumnal flavors...apples, cinnamon and cloves, these muffins are a perfect seasonal treat.



Welcome to Day 1 of our week long Apple Celebration.  Come inside and see what all the fuss is about.....




I am so excited that Apple Week is finally here.  I cannot wait to see all the great recipes that will be shared and I am very happy to be able to offer my readers an opportunity to win great prizes from our sponsors.

You can learn all about our sponsors and enter the raffle over at my Welcome Post from yesterday.  I really hope a couple of my readers are lucky winners this year.  The prizes are astounding.  We bloggers received goodies from the sponsors as well and I am anxious to share my thoughts on the products we received.


I decided to kick off the week with  these tasty, tender, Applesauce Muffins.  Today is the last Monday of the month and the day I join my friends over at Muffin Monday to share a new to our blog muffin recipe.  I can't think of a better way to welcome Apple Week than with a tasty muffin for breakfast.


My muffins were made with Imperial Sugar.  Imperial Sugar is very generous with their product during many different events in which I am involved.  I am always happy to receive sugar from them as I know that the quality of each product they make is superb.

Let's take a look at all the other Apple Creations being served today




Let's take a look at the other Muffin Monday offerings 

Muffin Monday



#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for
all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday,
can be found on our home page.
#muffins, #cinnamon, #applesauce
Breads, Breakfast, Snacks
American
Yield: 12 muffinsPin it

Applesauce Muffins

prep time: 10 minscook time: 20 minstotal time: 30 mins
Chock full of Autumnal flavors...apples, cinnamon and cloves, these muffins are a perfect seasonal treat.

ingredients:

1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. applesauce
2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. allspice
1/4 t. ground cloves

instructions:

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Beat in the egg.  Stir in the applesauce and vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking soda, and spices.  Add to creamed mixture with a wooden spoon just until combined. 

Divide between 12 muffin cups that have been treated with baking spray or lined with baking cups.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted removes cleanly.
Created using The Recipes Generator

19 comments:

  1. Applesauce is such a great addition to muffins! Bet the whole house smelled fabulous while they baked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,
    I think it 'tis the season for apples! Adding applesauce to the batter makes for a nice moist muffin with such great flavor. I bet these would lend themselves to whole wheat flour, too.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imperial Sugar is kind of the best...sometimes I feel like I'll never have to buy sugar again!!! Your muffins look so yummy too! Wish I had one right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Colleen. I can't remember the last time I had to buy sugar.

      Delete
  4. I love the aroma of apple breads baking-and in muffin size is the perfect little treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Applesauce is a staple in my house. I buy it by the case but I've never made applesauce muffins. These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, plus a great way to combine events!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love apple muffins and I certainly adore ones made with applesauce. Yum! Headed over to check out the pin board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love having muffins on hand and baking with applesauce always yields such tasty results. I need to make a batch of these this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My little ones eat muffins every day for breakfast - they would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.