Our theme this week is Citrus Recipes That Make You Smile. I can't think of a citrus recipe that doesn't make me smile. Citrus Salad, Mandarin Orange Yakisoba Salad, Citrus Beef Skewers, Chicken Breasts in Lemon Sage Sauce, Orange Chicken, Lemon and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin, Grilled Mahi Mahi with Citrus Marinade, Spicy Citrus Shrimp, Orange Coffee Cake, Pasta with Lemon and Basil. Smiling yet? And this doesn't even list all of the wonderful desserts made with citrus fruits. I had to stop or we would never have time for today's recipe which is sure to keep that smile on your face.
This recipe is healthy, using organic, pure and whole ingredients. It is nearly FMD friendly for Phase 1 except for the addition of olive oil in the marinating liquid. It is quick and easy. Even with the marinating time you will have dinner on the table in less than an hour.
Line the baking pan with aluminum foil to cut down on the amount of clean up afterwards. There are much better things to do after dinner than an hour of dishes. Like maybe having a Michigan Cherry Lemonade and watching a good movie.
These chicken thighs were moist and juicy with a bright citrusy flavor. I served them up with steamed brown rice and lightly steamed asparagus that still had a bit of crunch to it. It was an awesome dinner and one that I am sure your family will love as much as mine did.
You will find many more Citrus Recipes to Make You Smile following this recipe. Make sure you stop by and visit the rest of the Sunday Supper Family.
Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs
adapted from Bon Apetit
1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves and tender stems
2 garlic cloves, crushed
zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
zest and juice of 1 orange
1/4 c. coco aminos
2 T. olive oil
1 T. kosher salt
pinch of red pepper
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Set aside some of the scallions for garnish.
Place the remaining scallions, cilantro, garlic, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, coco aminos, olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes in a heavy duty blender or food processor. Pulse to a coarse puree.
Wash the chicken and place into a plastic bag that seals. Reserve 1/4 c. of the pureed mixture and pour the remainder over the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat the chicken. Chill for 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto a foil lined baking sheets. Discard marinade left in bag. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 25-35 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thickest thigh shows 165*. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Arrange the thighs on a platter, drizzle with the reserved citrus marinade and sprinkle with the reserved scallions. Print Recipe
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline's Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket's Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together