Please join me for this month's FoodnFlix. I have chosen the film The Martian starring Matt Damon. You may not think that this is a foodie movie but I beg to differ....this movie is all about food. The food needed for our survival each and every day.
Anyone is welcome to join. If you are a blogger simply
- Watch the chosen film for the month. Buy it, rent it, borrow it - matters not. Just set aside a couple of hours a month to sit back, relax, and be inspired! If you've seen it before, try watching it again with your "foodie" glasses on.
- Take note of food references. Physically or mentally. It could be food the characters are eating or cooking, food in the background, or food in the dialogue. But it could also just be something that brings food to your mind: a location, a sign, a play on words. There are no boundaries to inspiration.
- Make a recipe inspired by the movie and write a blog post about it. Be sure to include a recipe or tutorial and at least one photograph. Talk a little bit about the movie - why you enjoyed or disliked it (and note, it's okay to dislike the chosen movie and still participate). Talk about the food inspiration you found. The discussion is half of the fun - getting so many different opinions and thoughts on the same film.
- Email your entries back to me at email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be sent no later than March 30th so that I can post the round up on March 31st. Please include your name, recipe name, blog name and a link back to the post as well as a photo or permission for me to pull a photo from the post itself.
- Include a link back to the Host's Announcement post and the Food 'n Flix website somewhere in your post. Use of logo is optional.
- Not sure how to link back? Feel free to use this phrase in your post: Want to participate in Food 'n Flix? Check out this month's announcement post at http://adayinthelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com/ and drop by the Food 'n Flix site to learn more!
If you are not a blogger you can still watch the movie and then come back here on March 31st when I will be posting a roundup of all the recipes that the bloggers were inspired to create.
It is a great movie and I hope you all enjoy watching or rewatching the film with an eye to what it means to have to think about food not only as a pleasure but as a necessity.