Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Made it home just in time for #FoodieExtravaganza

Here's the thing.....I may....not saying I do but I may have a little OCD in my personality.  I love my blog and I love the blogging groups to which I belong but I can become a little bit obsessive about them.  Like, perhaps I will push to drive home from a vacation in Florida in two days instead of three so that I have time to make a recipe that is coming due....Would you consider that obsessive?  No? Phew, thank God....I was getting a little concerned about myself.

Obsessive or not, I was happy that I got home in time from my trip to make this delicious Coffee Cake for Foodie Extravaganza.  This is a great theme that was chosen by Caroline of Caroline's Cooking who is hosting for us this month.  I really didn't want to miss this month because:
  1. I LOVE coffee cake
  2. I LOVE Foodie Extravaganza
  3. I picked up fresh Valencia Oranges while in Florida and then stopped in Georgia and got some pecans so I knew these would be perfect for this theme.
  4. I have been on vacation for 8 days so I was anxious to get back in the kitchen.
I forgot to put my recipe name on the list by the deadline but Caroline was generous enough to allow me to sign up late.  Thank you so much Caroline, I owe you one.  If you are not familiar with our wonderful group just take a look under my recipe to get a full description and link to other great Coffee Cake creations!!



So without further ado I share with you now this wonderful Orange Coffee Cake with Pecan Streusel. Enjoy!!


Orange Coffee Cake with Pecan Streusel

Streusel:

1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. shelled pecans
2 T. flour
1 1/2 T. butter, softened
1 t. freshly grated orange zest

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined and crumbly.  Set aside.

Cake:

1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. freshly grated orange zest
1/4 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
juice of one orange

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.  Stir in zest and vanilla.  Add remaining ingredients and beat on low speed until combined.  Increase speed to medium and beat until well blended.

Treat an 8" square baking pan with baking spray.  Add half the batter to the prepared pan.  Sprinkle with half the streusel.  Cover with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining struesel.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center removes cleanly.  Print Recipe




It's Foodie Extravaganza Day and this month's theme is Coffee Cake with Caroline from Caroline's Cooking is hosting What is Foodie Extravaganza? It's when a group of bloggers get together and make a recipe using one main ingredient. Where do we get the ingredient? We look at The Nibble and pick something off of their list. You can check out our group Pinterest board for past recipes. If you're a blogger, you can join along with us by requesting to join on our Facebook page. Now, on to the goodness being shared this month:



18 comments:

  1. I bet it was amazing!! I love the orange and nuts!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not obsessive, committed! ;-) This looks great! I am loving the great variety of coffee cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Maybe a touch of OCD! But who cares. We love you and we love your recipes! This cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Wendy this sure is enticing! Will go perfectly well with my cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I just love that pecan topping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of this a lot, it looks so tasty. Good job you made it back in time to link up, I wouldn't have wanted to miss this recipe.

      Delete
  6. Well I'm glad you got home in time to make this cake, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous cake you baked right in time.. great Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's okay, Wendy. I always feel "lost" if I miss a group event - which is why I can't WAIT to have a home and internet again. I like the idea of oranges in coffee cake, too. Perfect for enjoying with tea and reminiscing about your Florida vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard being between houses Lauren. Hopefully you get somewhere to settle into soon.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.