Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Enjoying the last Grilled Steaks of the Season with a Glass of Duckhorn Merlot #MerlotMe

 Hard to believe that October is already over.  Soon we will be going into a New Year.  God willing it will be a year with less turmoil, strife and devestation than 2020.  

Wine

Not that there haven't been any bright spots in 2020, but in this household most of those bright spots were born of mishaps.  My husband is alive, walking and expecting a full recovery after a very serious accident.  That is a great miracle.  An even greater miracle is that our Angel Face who was with him in the accident didn't suffer a scratch.

Our children are all back to work and doing well financially after having been displaced during the onset of the pandemic.  The Teen is doing well in school this year albeit distance learning.  And while some of my family and friends contracted COVID19, I didn't lose anyone to it.  We did, however, lose several friends and family members who passed away for various reasons.

wine and steaks

Good things happened as a result of the qaurantining too.  We spent a lot of time working around the yard, enlarging our deck and adding a patio.  This meant when the world reopened we were able to easily social distance and spend time with family and friends. 

I also got a lot of reading in, I built some puzzles and I spent a wonderful summer in the pool.  We went on lots of hikes in the spring and are back to hiking again now that the weather has cooled and the mosquitos have disappeared.  And we grilled.....

This month was spent celebrating #MerlotMe.  That is sure to brighten up anyone's life.  I was given several bottles for tasting purposes from various wineries and have been writing about my tastings all month long. 

This last tasting is a Merlot from Duckhorn.  We opened this bottle on an Indian Summer day when we were grilling up some steaks.  I had saved this bottle just for an evening like this, when Frank and I had a night alone and were able to relax and catch up over a nice dinner and a nice bottle of wine.  

dinner plate with wine

I'm very familiar with Duckhorn wine and love their product.  While I did get this bottle as a sponsor gift and I appreciate it very much, all opinions are 100% true and my own.  I purchase their Decoy quite often for an everyday wine and have purchased the Duckhorn when having dinner parties and want to serve something special.  

I hope you have enjoyed celebrating #MerlotMe with me this month.  I have enjoyed sharing my tastings with you.  If you missed any of them you can find them at Wooohoooo It's #MerlotMe month and Good Friends, Good Food, Good Wine, Good Times x 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.