National Pancake day is September 26th so you will be ready to celebrate with tons of delicous recipes that we are sharing with you today. September is also National Breakfast month and National Whole Grain Month. So Pancakes are the perfect choice and, if you have kids, is the perfect breakfast with which to send them to school, ready to start their day.
I don't have any children left at home but this was still a perfect choice for me. Monday I began Round 2 of an eating plan called The Healthy Metabolism Diet. This eating plan lasts 28 days and each week is divided into three phases. Phase 1 that spans Monday and Tuesday each week requires you too eat lots of fruit and whole grains. I started the plan off right on Monday morning with these hearty Buckwheat Pancakes smothered in Fresh Peach Puree and topped with Fresh Peach Slices.
This recipe makes 6 pancakes. If you have leftover peach puree, as I did, refrigerate it for use in a smoothie for your snack during the day. I am posting the recipe underneath which you will find all the other recipes posted to celebrate National Pancake Day.
Phase 1 Friendly Buckwheat Pancakes
slightly adapted from The Fast Metabolism Diet Cookbook
1 c. buckwheat flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 egg white, beaten
1 c. rice milk
1 t. vanilla
1 t. agave nectar
For the Peach Puree
2 peaches, quartered
1 t. agave nectar
1/2 c. water
In small bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, egg white, rice milk, vanilla and agave just until combined. Let rest for 5 minutes. Preheat a griddle to 375* . Pour pancake batter onto griddle making 6 pancakes (about 3 T. each) and cook until bottom is browned and top is starting to dry. Flip and cook until other side is browned.
Cut one of the peach quarters into slices. Place the remaining peaches, agave and water into a food processor or blender and puree until desired consistency. Pour into a saucepan and heat through while pancakes are cooking.
Top each serving of pancakes with the puree and garnish with fresh peach slices.
More pancake ideas for this month's Foodie Extravaganza
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Buckwheat Pancakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Pancakes by The Freshman Cook
- Caramelized Banana Topped Pancakes by cookinandcraftin
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Churro Pancakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Corn Panki / Corn Pancakes by Sneha's Recipe
- Heath Bar and Banana Pancakes by Our Good Life
- Masala dosa by Caroline's Cooking
- Panqueques con Dulce de Leche (Argentinian Dulce de Leche Crepes) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes by Making Miracles
- Silver Dollar Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Hardly A Goddess
- Spring Onion Pancakes with Spicy Dipping Sauce by Food Lust People Love